Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Feeling more positive

Sat down and thought about what gives me inspiration and the short answer is - Bloggers.

I am trying to get back into reading (and commenting) more often as I love the support blogging gives me, so I try and give a bit of that back.

I weighed in at 107.2kgs yesterday (Monday morning) and was obviously horrified but optimistic.

I know how to lose the weight and I WILL - End of Story!
I have quite a few big events coming up (Husband's 40th, Husband's school reunion, my 40th, sister's 50th, Mum's 70th and my babies 5th birthday in 2 months) and I want to feel good about myself, have photo's taken without cringing and enjoy myself.

I've decided the best way to do this will take 3 initial steps, first of all STOP BOOZING. I have gotten into a really bad habit of having a couple of drinks most nights and then a couple more on the weekend. I love wine but it doesn't love me so I went back to my original love (bourbon & coke) and it is FULL of sugar plus I can drink TONNES of the stuff.

Second thing is reduce my carbs - mainly BREAD! This is my biggest challenge as I am married to the ultimate BREAD MAN and I seem to be surrounded by bread (fresh, grainy, yummy bread) all day, everyday. This is going to take strength.

And thirdly I need to start doing some form of exercise - anything at the moment will be better than nothing. I have my beloved treadmill sitting here which I really want to get on but am too damn lazy so I figure I will just have to play with the kids more in the backyard to start with until I lose a bit of weight and feel like I can do more than 4 minutes on the damn thing (sounds like an excuse but that's how I'm feeling at present).

I figure if I just set myself 3 things to do, it won't kill me........right?

I'ts now Wednesday morning (12.05am) and since I started this post Tuesday night, I'd better get my butt into bed.

FEELIN GREAT, FEELIN POSITIVE, LONG MAY IT CONTINUE.

Night night.........

7 comments:

Chris H said...

Apart from the grog, I'm in the same boat as you. Good luck with the changes ... I am right behind you on this !

Anne said...

I'm sadly lacking in motivation at the moment, not being evil, not being great. Like you - bread and wine are a couple of downfalls, also lack of exercise....

Good luck on your aims, you have a bit to look forward to and you know how much better you'll feel with some kilos moved by then.

Cinders said...

Good luck Rachel. Nice to see you blogging again - hmm, should try that myself :)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Motivation.... what on earth is that!! I have lost it too... but you know what I did when I first got my airwalker thing... started at about 3 mins... then everyday worked it up til I could stay on it for ages.....
A couple of extra minutes every day...
Says she who has it packed away in the shed now and it would kill her to get on it again... hahaha Very small lounge room and no where inside for it to fit... *sigh*
get rid of the bread ... worked wonders for me!! Miss it tho..i love fresh brad too but havent touched one slice for nearly 4 years now!

Tracy said...

Does this silence mean you are so busy exercising & eating well that you just don't have time to blog about how well you are doing :-)

Hope you are all well.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Well.... where the hell are ya!!!

Anne said...

Are you ever coming back????