Wednesday, May 18, 2011

It's been ages..............

Sorry, I didn't realise how long it had been since I updated.

Lots going on really. On Mother's Day after all the baking I did because the kids school gala was on, we went to the gala and I got some beautiful stuff (earings, bags, necklaces etc) for an excellent price and then we won a PLAYHOUSE. Yep, a playhouse! Hubby had only finished making their 'fort' not long ago and now we have a playhouse to go with it.,......hahaha. It was part of the gala, a local company (their kids go to the school) said they would build it onsite and then raffle it off at the end of the day. All kids got a book of 5 tickets to sell (which we bought 4 of) and then on the actual day I decided I would get 'just one more' and that was the one that won it. The kids love it!

I had a fabulous Mother's Day and got my present I had been hinting about - gumboots! Getting up at the crack of dawn to watch the kids play soccer and rugby on a damp/wet field is a nightmare but now I have my gumboots, all is good.

I have a niece who is going overseas on the student exchange program and her family need to raise $13,000 in 3 months so we have been doing all sorts of stuff to help. There have been hangi's, easter and mothers day raffles, trivia nights and a cabaret still to come..............busy, busy I tell ya.

I am also going away on a 'girlie' weekend with 2 of my faviourite people in the whole wide world (waves to Jax) to Auckland for a bit of shopping, a bit of nice food and lots of wine and bourbon......yeah baby! Can't wait.

I am also heading down to Wellington at the beginning of June for my 1 yearly post op check up. I am still amazed it has been 1 year (actually 1 year anniversary is on the 25th May). I still feel fantastic, I haven't had any problems and am still under my goal weight of 65kgs (currently 64.8kgs).

All's good (and very busy) in my world at the moment and I love it.





2 comments:

Tracy said...

I LOVE the gumboots, they were my lifesaver when the kids played rugby.

When is your trip to Auckland?

Anne said...

Oh - look at you:-)

If you are ever passing through the Manawatu give me a shout! Providing you get time of course.