Friday, April 28, 2006

Shared Lunches

My two sons are at Kohanga in Trentham and the last Friday of every month they have a 'shared lunch'. Therefore I have to make 2 plates of food and I always try and make an effort, so last night I made a chocolate cake with chocolate icing, 100's & 1000's sprinkles and leftover mini chocolates (from Easter) all around the edge. It looked very impressive and I also managed to not eat any of it! BUT then I made the second plate of food and I figured that because I made something sweet, I would make something savoury for the second plate and decided on mini bacon and egg pies (cup cake size). I made about 35 all up as there are about 20 or so kids at Kohanga and Hubby loves them (so a few extra for him), managed to give hubby about 8 and then put the rest on the plate but it was too many for the plate so instead of getting a bigger plate - yep you guessed it - I ate the extra 4 I couldn't fit on the plate. Now I was very good with my food yesterday so I figured it wasn't too bad until I started having reflux because of the pastry, plus it was 10pm by this time and I really wanted to go to bed.

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB!!!!!!!
I've decided to chalk it up to experience and not do it again. I figure that next time there is a 'shared lunch', I will make the food earlier in the evening and then put it away so I am not looking at it.

Apart from that, Thursday was pretty boring. Went down to Petone in my lunch break to get some birthday cards for my newphew's, bought a Mother's Day pressie for my Mum (who lives in Australia and arrives in NZ on May 13th) and a birthday pressie for my workmate.
There is a little shop in Jackson street called 'Miss & Mrs' and it is awesome, it is a real girlie shop with make up bags, lipstick cases, tissue holders, bags, slippers stuff like that and I love it, plus it isn't expensive - amazing ah?

Well I've rambled on enough for one day, I will say ta ta for now and wish everyone a healthy, active weekend (the weather here is suppose to pack up - typical!).

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi ya
Thanks so much for the email Rachel - it was very much appreciated. I have replied but realised you probably won't get it till Monday. Will add you to my bloggers that I check reguarly :)
Look forward to following this journey with you.
Hope you have a great weekend.