Monday, June 09, 2008

NAPIER

Spent the weekend in Napier and it was glorious.

Wasn't able to watch the All Blacks (our Rugby team) win but heard all about it and also heard the weather here in Wellington was HORRIBLE while in Napier it was clear blue skies and nice and warm during the days.......ahhhhhh nice!.

The boys absolutely love it up there and when we are up there we stay in the Holiday park (2 bedroom cabin) which is lovely and it has a duck pond and park where the kids feed the ducks and play until their hearts are content.


Did I tell you about the house?
We have found a house up there and even put an offer in but they wouldn't accept it because our offer was conditional (we still have our house to sell) which seems silly to me because we offered them their asking price (very rare here in NZ at the moment to actually get your asking price), so I am hoping against all hope that we can sell our house quickly (hahahaha) and buy this before it goes. We did the 'drive by' on the weekend and I still love it, its in a really good suburb and street and the owner was putting up a new front fence.........*big sigh*.

My open home seen 2 groups come through but both weren't interested, even with the second REDUCED price. Our real estate agent told us all their open homes were unsuccessful and there seemed to be people around but no serious buyers, people 'just looking around'......so frustrating.

They have another 2 weeks and if it hasn't sold we are going to rent it and go to Napier or we will still be here this time next year.

Back to work today and it looks like the Wellington weather is fining up after a ripper of a frost this morning. Still chilly though.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I just hate this weather. The bay is so much nicer and you will enjoy living up there. Good on you taking the plunge and moving regardless is whether the house sells or not. Hope the other house doesn't sell until you can put in an uncoditional offer.

Chris H said...

woe.... can hardly talk about house sales without feeling like crying now! I do so hope you sell....

Lee-Anne said...

I'm jealous. I thought Napier was wonderful. I felt very much at home when I was there. It was so warm and lovely. I know you will enjoy it there. Such beautiful beaches too.

Lemme know when you move so I can catch up with you next time we're down. By then you'll have sorted out where all the best cafes are.

sandie_bee said...

I love Napier at this time of year. It might be cold first thing, but you know that the sun will be out.

fingers crossed you get a sale soon so you can move.