Tuesday, June 17, 2008

S.O.L.D.

We sold the house on Friday.....YAY!
At the 11th hour we had a guy walk in and give us a cash offer with only 2 days to sort his finances (which he did), I am still buzzing.

Resigned from my job about a minute or so later and then took off to Napier to celebrate and find a house to live in as our settlement date is only 4 weeks away.

We did find a house (the one we originally wanted) and are now waiting on the bank to tell us how much we can borrow before we put an offer in. Unfortunately we had to drop our house price about $50,000 to get a sale which isn't as bad as it seems since we are buying and selling in the same market. At the end of the day we just wanted to get up there and start our new life and $50,000 is only money and if we have to buy something a bit cheaper up there, so be it - at least we will all be together.

I had Andrew's cousin and nephew come down from Napier and stay the night which was great as she is one of my good friends and we hardly get time to just sit and relax. Managed to polish off a bottle of wine and I have a wee headache this morning (serves me right drinking on a Monday night!).

I've managed to grab a heap of boxes from work and over the next few weeks will be packing up bit by bit.

I have told the boys about the move and Adam thinks its "cool man" but he is only 3 and doesn't really understand. Reece (6 1/2 years old) thinks its cool one day and then cries the following day because he is leaving all his friends FOREVER.....LOL
Poor wee poppet, I'm trying to tell him that he'll make new friends etc but he has always been our emotional one and will eventually settle once we are up there.

My father who is also coming with us (lives in a self contained flat at the back of the property) is wrapped because the new house has a 2 bedroom granny flat which he loves. Oh - and there's a golf course close by so he's in heaven......hahaha.

Weight wise I have been a bit slack and have just been eating out of boredom which isn't great but I'm sure once I get to Napier and actual get back into exercising things will start moving in the right direction again. Don't get me wrong, I haven't 'fallen off the wagon' or anything like that and I'm sure the scales this week will see either 'no change' or a small gain but I have had a million things going on and aren't worried about it at the moment.

Ok, I think that's it at the moment. I'll let you know if I hear anything about the new house.

8 comments:

Anne said...

Great news!!! Hope you get good news from the bank!

Reece will soon settle. Kids seem to bounce back.

Kate said...

Yay for selling the house!! Fabulous news, what a load off your mind eh? :-) So happy for you!

sandie_bee said...

YIPPEEE that is great news!!!

Lynda said...

Good on you for dropping your price!!!! I'm so glad you understand the concept of selling and buying on the same market. How exciting, a new life.

Chris H said...

Totally thrilled for you girl! WE have dropped our price by 50,000 as well, but alas, still no buyer.

Karen said...

Woohoo!!! Great news my friend! Am gonna miss you heaps (even though we haven't caught up for ages)... so we MUST have a catch up BEFORE you head away!
Am sure Reece will settle down once you get your house... and fingers crossed the bank comes through for you for your new place.

The Candid Bandit said...

Congratulations!

Your new house sounds tops, especially for dad!

If Reece really is that emotional, perhaps youcould have some closure for him. My sister has a sensitive one and it really, really affected her in the same circumstance.

Perhaps you can hold a little going away sleep over party, invite all his friends and make it a celebration. Get the little friends to write in a special book that he can keepand look at forever.

Put together a little letter writing kit, boy style with a book of stamps, blue envelopes and the such then get all the boys to write in a little address book. Reece can keep this and feel a little less disconnected with his friends.

People do say "Kids will get over it", but the fact is, a move like this does affect some children deeply. Something as simple as a sleepover (even in a house full of packing boxes) may give him the closure he needs. :)

Name: Lynise said...

gosh how behind on the news am I.
Now that I have my computer back I'm finally able to log on and read blogs properly again.

Yay, on the house selling, booo on the people not accepting your offer. Cash buyers are in short supply (in the current market) but it sounds like they arn't facing reality. Hope something else comes along that is even more perfect.