Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back again

Well I feel a bit like Oprah but without the celebrity status and money.....hahaha

My weight has gone up AGAIN and within a year I managed to put on 17.8kg....yep you read it right. This time last year Andrew and I had a challenge to see who could lose the most weight by Christmas and I managed to get to 86.8kgs. I weighed myself last week and I was 104.6kgs *cringe*.

Its been 5 months of hard work up here in Napier and I can count the number of days I've had off on one hand and it is very physical work (packing bread orders from 3am to 6am) so you'd think the weight would have fallen off me but NO!!

I've gone back to my shakes and I have also cut out other things like no sugar in my coffee and cutting my coffee from 8 cups to 3 cups a day. I'm not snacking during the day AT ALL and drinking my water (1.5 - 2 litres a day).

I weighed in on Monday so I have been doing it for nearly a week and must admit that I had massive headaches and hunger pains the first 2 days but now I'm fine and feeling really good all ready. It always amazes me how good I feel when I'm eating right and wish I could bottle the feelings so I don't 'fall off the wagon' so often.

After losing the weight last year I had bought some lovely clothes which now don't fit me. I am currently fitting into 1 pair of jeans and 2 or 3 tops which are all BLACK and it is very hot in Napier (30+ degrees) and I am melting at this weight.

I'm going to have 2 shakes a day for the first 2 weeks to try and get the bulk moving a bit quicker and then go back to doing 1 shake a day with cereal for breakfast and steak and salad (or something similar) for dinner.

My exercise is non-existant at the moment but it always is when I'm this big (lazy) but have full intentions of blowing the dust off my treadmill and getting back into shape.
The kids schools are in walking distance and I managed to walk proberly 4 times (in the last 4 months) with them to and from school but this is going to change in the New Year. Adam finishes Kindergarten and starts school in July which means I can walk them both there and back with no excuses (at the moment it is a bit of a walk for Adam and his school is in the opposite direction to Reece's school).

Christmas is nearly apon me and I'm not organised. We got the kids a playstation for Xmas which hubby and I thought about long and hard as we don't want them being in front of it 24/7 so unfortunately for them, there are going to be rules to using it.
Also got some great games and an eye toy which should be fun. I have also got a few stocking presents but that's it, nothing for anyone else...........slack man!

My Mum and one of my sisters live in Australia and I usually have their presents sent off at the end of November but here it is 4 days before Xmas and I don't even know what to buy them.

Here is a couple of photo's (just because).
One of me, one of Andrew and Reece in front of the playstation we hired for Reece's 7th birthday and one what Adam gets up to at Kindy.



2 comments:

Chris H said...

Weight... is the pitts... I too have gained masses over the past year! Probably as much as you mate. Never ending pain in the arse! What the hell did you boy do to his hair???? *shaking head*. HAVE A WONDERFUL CHIRSTMAS chick.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Woohoooooooooo you're back!!!
Sorry to hear about the weight gain...that rooly sux...
You sound like you are on a mission now tho... Have a fantastic Christmas...