Monday, February 28, 2011

Weigh In

Last week: 67kgs
This week: 66.9kgs
Loss: -100 grams (total - 43.2kgs)

N.I.C.E.

I had hoped for a wee bit more but a loss is a loss.

Goals this week: WATER, WATER, WATER!! I have (again) gotten quite slack on the water front so my focus is water this week.

I have spent quite a bit of time on the couch this week watching the devastation from the Earthquake in Christchurch.............just absolutely tragic.
They are now starting to interview people around Christchurch who are feeling the ongoing effects (without water, power etc) and it must be really hard. I feel guilty everytime I turn my TV off and go and do something else (ie. take a break from it) because the people down there can't just turn off and have a break, they are living it and even though I am seeing it on TV, I really just can't imagine how hard it must be.

I seen a piece on the 'Breakfast' show this morning about the Kiwi's overseas sending messages of support back home and this really warmed my heart. Kiwi's are very special people and 'have each other's back' in most cases. Being an Aussie girl, I am also really proud of my country and how they have supported Christchurch in this terrible time.

Right better go and get my water bottle.

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Ican't imagine how harrowing it must be for all down in Christchurch.. Stew has just gone to the airport to pick up 8 staff who are coming up here to work in the meantime.... staying in Motels. Poor buggers.

Thanks for the lovely comment today too... I am buzzing for sure. It has been so very long since I felt like I really could do it again.

I hope to lose all that I have gained in the past 3 years!! 30 kilos.... sigh.

I envy you girls who could do the WLS... I would have too if it hadn't meant too much of a risk of me bleeding out... but it does, so I can't have it done. You are almost there! Can't wait to see your next progress photos.