Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Catch up

Busy busy busy, don't ya just love December .......... NOT!

I'm simply amazed at how many things I have to try and fit in for this month.
Trying to catch up with friends before Xmas is nearly impossible.

There have been so many things on since last week I don't know where to start, I think I'll cheat and just list things rather than write about them:

1. Underfloor insulation installed
2. Reece's Athletic day
3. Adam's daycare afternoon tea
4. Adam's swimming
5. Lunch with a friend and her kids
6. Coffee and a little shop with Helena
7. My work's kids Christmas party
8. Hip Hop dress rehersal's
9. Reece's school 'Christmas Carol's' night
10. Andrew's golf closing day (3 bottles of wine won - yaa ha!)

Still to come in the next 2 weeks:

1. Another full dress rehersal for Reece's Hip Hop
2. 4 Hip Hop shows on the weekend (2pm and 6pm both Sat & Sun)
3. DVS (condensation unit thingie) installation on Friday
4. Adam's daycare's Xmas party
5. Take Jetski in for repairs
6. Get tree chipper guy in to chop up trees
7. Arange bulldozer and nephew (who is a bulldozer driver) to take out stumps and roots and skim an extra carpad.
8. Get woodburner installed as soon as permit turns up from Council
9. Last session for the year for Adam's swimming
10. My work 'do' Christmas party
11. BBQ at friends house
12. 2 x birthday parties for Reece's friends to attend
13. Go and buy materials for fence (50 metres long - last one left to do)
14. Help BUILD fence (I think I'll do the sandwiches and coffee)
15. Buy paint for interior
16. sand down skirtings and doors in hallway before we go away
17. Undercoat hallway and lounge and top coat skirtings
18. Lay carpet in hallway and lounge and lino in bathroom and toilet
19. Oh yeah - lift existing tiles in bathroom and toilet before installers arrive
20. Work Xmas lunch (for our department)
21. Family Xmas lunch (23rd)

I'm sure there is more but I just can't remember at the moment (no bloody wonder!).

I also need to fit in Xmas day and on Boxing day we always go to Andrew's cousins because it is his birthday, New year's at a friends house and off to Oz the first week in January.

Andrew and I also went and bought ourselves a couple of treats which will also be our Xmas presents to each other.

Andrew got a 42" tv with an ambi light behind it (a light glows from behind which is suppose to be good for your eye's) and I got a HUGE treadmill - here it is.




I have been on it a few times and I just love it but the hardest thing now it trying to get time to get on it because hubby is always on it.........LOL.
With the TV purchase we also got a free MP3 player with headphones and another headphone set thing with bluetooth so we can download music on the MP3 player and both listen to it at the same time while we work out........oh how romantic.

I'm still struggling with my weekend eating and drinking but I think I've been lucky to pull it back with my strict routine during the week (fingers crossed).
Weigh in tonight and I'm not sure how that will go - maybe maintain? but I'm feeling less stressed about it (ie. scales) because I'm having a ball with this very social time of the year and even though I'm having a few things I shouldn't, I'm not going crazy and then beating myself up about it.

Catch ya tomorrow with the results.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Lol, I was just about to leave you a message and see if you were ok because I hadn't seen you around lately, but now I can see why!

LOL!

Anne said...

Phew - I think if I sat down and wrote a list it would be a simlar length! Mad time of the year - still Christmas with your boys to look forward to - and then holiday!

The Candid Bandit said...

MY gosh! I thought my life was busy!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your treadmill.

Lee-Anne said...

Wow. That's some list. That's also a hectic couple of weeks to come. My life's like that at the moment. Scary to think at the end of next week we're on holiday.

Good luck for weigh in. With your new tready you got to win the wife/hubby challenge.

Teresa said...

Good luck with your weigh in. It's a crazy time of year, so much to do, so little time. Enjoy the new treadmill.