Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm still here

Well where do I start?

Last Friday the lady who I work with didn't arrive for work which was strange because she is ALWAYS here before me. Then her hubby rang to say she had been admitted to hospital the night before with a suspected heart attack.....scary.
Anyway the poor women is still in hospital today (5 days later) and they are 99% sure it isn't a heart attack (she's 57 years old) but a blood clot somewhere so she got transferred to Wellington hospital this morning for an angiogram (sp?).

Unfortunately it is our busiest couple of weeks of the year and I've been totally snowed under. I am actually sitting here typing this on my lunch break because I just don't have any other time.

So this explains the absence.

Sunday 9th was my company's Kids Xmas party which was a total blast and the boys had so much fun it wasn't funny.
They had 'BJ Bear', 'Charlie Chicken', an air castle and of course SANTA.
Both my kids has always been very wary of Santa and I have never gotten a photo of them with Santa but this year I told them that Santa had rung me and said he was sad because they hadn't gone to see him or say hello so they were 'sweet as' at both the Xmas parties they have been to.



The theme was cowboys and indians.




Then last Friday night was Adam's daycare's Christmas party which was a really hoot, again they had the ole air castle and Santa made another appearance.



Saturday was 2 x hip hop concerts which Dad and Andrew attended as I had Adam's swimming and other things on my agenda.




Dad said the first show was brilliant and he really got into it and new all the moves and just shone :)
Andrew said the night show was only OK as he spent most of the time looking for his Daddy but did most of the dance.

Saturday night was my Work's Xmas party and I had the best time out I've had in YEARS. The theme was cowboy, indians and saloon girls and I decided a saloon girl it was going to be!
They had taxi's pick us up at 5pm and take us all the work where we had a couple of drinks (I had a few bourbons) then a bus took us on a 30 minute trip to a beautiful location where we had dinner and spent the night (I started on bourbons and then after dinner decided wine was a great idea *groan*).
The bus came back at midnight to take us back to work where the taxi's were waiting to take us home (I have no memory of this at all - apparently I slept most of the way). Unfortunately for me I was on the taxi ride home with the Company Director and one of the Senior Managers (and their wives) and they didn't know where I lived and it took them 20 minutes to get it out of me (again, no memory of this at all!).
After finally arriving home then Senior Manager had to carry me from the taxi to my front gate as I couldn't walk where I then told him I was fine and watched them drive away (unfortunately I have vivid memories of this) and once they'd gone I proceeded to drop to my hands and knees and throw up for about 10 minutes (didn't make it to the loo like Leenie).
Hence I was the sickest I've been in years - no wait - EVER!!!!
Andrew had to get up the next morning and clean up after me and then entertain the kids for the morning while I tried to not pass out or vomit when I moved.
Anyway - here is a photo of me at the start of the night with my sisters and brother-in-laws.




Here is me with about an hour or so left of memory (look at the size of those glasses).




I then got to go to both the hip hop concerts on Sunday. The 2pm one is a bit of a blur but Reece spotted me and was a happy camper even though he only danced through some of their song. But when I went back for the 6pm session (where I got to sit next to Leenie and giggle about what old lush's we are) I felt heaps better and really enjoyed the show. When Reece's group came out I was really excited but that soon fell away when he didn't do any of the dance (apart from 1 or 2 moves) as he was too interested in looking for me or looking at the pretty disco ball on the ceiling or just at the other's dancing.............hence there will be no more hip hop next term!
Here's one last photo of my little rapper:



Last night was another night out at friends for hotdog and drinks and I was definately the DRIVER......no alcohol passing these lips until Xmas day.

So as you can all imagine the good work I've done on the BEAST (ie. treadmill) and eating has all gone out the window with my night out.

4 comments:

Chubbymum said...

WOW!!!
PHEW!!!!

You are a busy lass...

OMG didn't you look fantastic!!!

Wow your boys are cute and I bet they had a ball....

I bet you can't wait till the silly season is over.

I have just updated with some photos too he he

Love Chubbymum
Merry Christmas sweetie

Jenny said...

ROFLMAO.........some mothers do have them!!!!!! Think you had better have another drink before Xmas day otherwise you might get in the same state again!!!!!!
Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and an even Happier New Year.
Cheers!!!!

Anne said...

Sorry but had to laugh!!!! Was dying to hear what on earth you got up to this time!!

Your boys look so cute - love the outfit!!

The Candid Bandit said...

HAHA! You bloody lush!

You all look amazing in your costumes and I bet a few can-cans were done before the night was through.

Merry Xmas to you Rach and thank you for all your support and gorgeous comments this year.

Lots of love,
Beckie
xoxox