Friday, January 21, 2011

Shrinking

Sizes and changes (inside and out).

Feet: I've gone from a size 9/9 1/2 to a comfortable size 8

Top: I've gone from a size 22/24 to a size 12/14 (small/medium)

Bottom: I've gone from a size 20/22 to a size 10

One word that still comes to my mind when I think of these sizes is INCREDIBLE.

Other things I have noticed:

I have taken links out of my watch to make it smaller.

I can now fit bracelets without looking like they are cutting off my circulation.

The only size belt that now fits me is a S = small when I haven't been able to fit into even an XL in the past.

My features now look longated rather than round (ie. face, hands etc).

I can comfortably wear sleeveless dresses or shirts without worrying about my bingo wings (that are 1000 times better than I thought they were going to be).

I finally don't constantly pull at my clothes (so they aren't sticking to my belly etc).

I feel healthy. I feel strong. I feel energised!

I play with my kids now. When they ask if I can go with them when they are going to tennis or a bike ride or just to play outside with them, I instantly say yes (rather than saying NO and then giving them a rubbish story as to why I can't).

My family are proud of me and I can see it in their eyes.

I'm not constanly embarrased or ashamed of myself any longer.

All my aches and pains have disappeared (knee, both ankles, lower back pain). I use to make excuses that it was from 'this and that' but the truth was, it was because I was overweight.

BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE FOR MYSELF.................WITHOUT QUESTION!

I did feel guilty when I got it done because it cost a lot of money and I didn't feel I 'deserved' it but I am so glad I went through with it as it has benefited not just me but my family in so many ways. I now feel like I participate in my families life (and my own) rather than sitting back and watching life go by without me.

I am proud of myself.
I now look and feel like the person I have always wanted to be.

LIFE IS GOOD.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

What a great post, a good reminder as to WHY we should be a healthy weight.

I bet the kids are loving having you participate too.

Anne said...

Smiling for you!

FREEDOM said...

FANTASTIC Rachel i am so thrilled for you

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
Congratulations on your decision and efforts to have a better healthy life for you and your family.
Just reading what you have said and feel is an honour and am so glad that things are going well for you.
Take care