Monday, January 17, 2011

Weigh In

Last week: 69.5kgs
This week: 68.2kgs
Loss: 1.3kgs

Had a great week, reduced my alcohol intake dramatically, drank more water (always a major for me and it shows) and tried to be more active (didn't do very well with this). My eating has also been very good, getting back into the habit of 3 meals a day without snacking has also helped AND I've found I haven't needed the snacks after all (another bad habit I was letting creep back in).

Overall - VERY HAPPY.

I sat down this week and re-did our budget as we kind of didn't have one and our spending was getting out of hand. When we sat down and looked at what we spend it was incredible the crap we spend stuff on, for example - hubby and I went to The Warehouse to get some tennis balls, what we walked out with was, 2 packets of tennis balls, 2 x 2 litres of oil for my car and a fishing rod?????? We didn't really need those other things but they were on special....grrrr. So no more of that, everything will be accounted for and no more impluse spending.

I am going to limit myself to 2 pieces of clothing a month if needed (this includes shoes, accessories, make up etc) and no more eating out during the week (1 x takeaway but no cafe lunches 2 or 3 times a week with hubby).

Hubby and the kids play a lot of sports and I don't mind spending money on these things but they can get very expensive, so I will have to see where I can trim some money back here AND the weekly shopping bill can come down considerably. I went in yesterday with half the money I usually have and managed to get EVERYTHING on my list, EVERYTHING! I was amazed at that and it was a real wake up call, I can tell you, no more mindlessly walking up and down the aisles just thowing stuff in my trolley.

The reason for all of this is that hubby and I promised ourselves that we would put in 5 years hard yakka when we started our business and at the end of that we were going to take a family holiday.
Well we realised that 3 of those 5 years had gone and we had $1.53 in our savings account. So as of today we are putting money into our savings account for our holiday. We have decided we really want to go on a CRUISE, kids and all (mad eh?) but they have also had to sacrifice things while we built the business up. There has been no holidays (7 day a week business) and because of the odd hours we work, they haven't had friends over to play or stay over very much and alot of the sports they want to play they cant because Mum and Dad are working odd hours. I just thank god we have my Dad who lives with us and looks after the kids quite a lot or they wouldn't have much of a life at all.

Roll on the end of 2012 and roll on cruising. I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I feel like I'm saying this a lot lately - but once again well done Rachel!!

And great plans for the cruise, you will love it.