Sunday, March 27, 2011

Guess what I did today?

Its called a BIKE JAM

It is a fun (Yeah right!) bike ride for kids aged 5 - 13 years.
My oldest did the medium course 4.9km on his own but my little fella (6 years old) had to do the short course (2.3km) with a parent - namely me!
I figured it was only 2.3km, how hard could it be???? Ummmm it was a mountain bike ride not a road ride..........I have ONLY ever ridden on the road. I think we did it in about 15 minutes but it felt like HOURS.
The before and after photo's of me (on a friends camera) won't be pretty I'm guessing but I did take a photo of the kids.
It has been raining and the course was very muddy with puddles and lots of stumps and bloody tree's etc on the course....I was quite proud of myself for doing it as I thought it was quite hard. My little fella finished in the top 5 and my oldest boy was in the middle of the pack. I was very proud of both of them as it was their first time and they did very well.






The kids also had Muftii day with all gold coin donations going to the Christchurch Earthquake appeal. You had to come in red and black.

1 comment:

JustJo said...

Sounds like fun :) Hehehe...
Oooo, and a huge THANK YOU for your gift!! It arrived last week but I am sooooooo slack I haven't emailed or text to say thanks!
It's gorgeous by the way!!!
xoxo