Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday morrning

106kg - 4.1kg loss in 4 days (gotta love that!).

The optifast isn't bad at all, I couldn't do it long term though (2 weeks will be enough). I haven't been hungry once and haven't craved anything.

I remember when a friend of mine (Jo - Just4Jo) was having her op and her Mum (Jenny)did the pre-op with her. I also wanted to support her in some way and I had some of my protein shakes, so suggested I also do the pre-op with her (my version).
Gotta say now I'm actually doing the Optifast version - what I did was NOTHING like what I'm doing now.
From memory I think I lost 3 or 4kgs in the 2 weeks but my head space wasn't in the right place.............I realise that now. I had absolutely NO idea what Jo was going through.

When I did it, I knew that I could have a burger the day after I finished (which I proberly did) and it was only 2 weeks out of my life but now I realise that this IS the LAST diet I will ever do and I am NEVER going to be physically able to eat as I have all of my life (which isn't a bad thing). So it is easier in some ways but much harder in others. I am so excited I am finally able to sort this bloody weight issue out that has dominated most of my life but at the same time I have this feeling of great loss because this is the only way I have known (eating habits etc) and that is all going to change DRAMATICALLY.

Weird.................

Right - glad I got that off my mind, feel much better now.

It's 7.50am Saturday morning and I have my little 'All Black' playing rugby at 9am but we have to be there at 8.40am and it is cold and miserable today (very unusual for Napier let me tell you!). It has been raining and looks like it might just start up again as I get in the middle of the field to watch my little fella play.

Hubby is golfing after work (he's working in this weather poor thing) and if you have a golf mad person you know (Jo - you know my pain eh?) it can be hailing with thunder and lightning and he will still go and play - MAD! So at least I'll have a nice quite afternoon, we recorded 'GREASE' on Sky during the week and Hubby and the boys sat down and watched it (VERY LOUD WITH POPCORN) and they are hooked. I'm guessing this will be them this afternoon and I will undoubtedly re-read my information pack and hospital pack about my op (I'm an information junkie).

2 comments:

Chris H said...

I hope you have a lovely afternoon.... well done on sticking to the pre-op diet so well.
I have some Opti-fast somewhere... maybe if I do 'it' for a week I can get myself off the plateau I'm on!

JustJo said...

You are doing so well on the Opti girl.. way to go!!
I had exactly the same feelings that you are having... not sure what advice to give, but after talking with others - it is completely normal - if that helps? hehe...
xoxo