Friday, July 30, 2010

Skirts

I wore a skirt to work last night - first time in YEARS I have worn a skirt.

My sister's cleaned out their wardrobes for me and my eldest sister had about 3 skirts that still had the tags on them (size 16) so I decided to wear one to work last night and I felt sooooooooo dressed up......LOL (I usually only wear black pants). It was a black knee length skirt and I wore it with a black and white blouse and a new pair of black high heels (I didn't own a pair so went to KMart and got a really comfy pair for about $25). There is also another black one, above the knee and a navy blue below the knee one.

I have my girlfriend and her kids arriving from Wellington today and I can't wait. It is only 9.20am and I have done all my housework (beds, bathrooms etc) in anticipation of their arrival, this way I don't have to do it over the weekend while they are here.

Unfortunately I have to go to work tonight but hubby and the kids are here and they will be totally entertained while I'm at work. I'm doing a huge Nacho's for dinner as young and old love Nacho's and there are something I can make beforehand and hubby can just 'put it together' when the time comes to eat.

I am also looking forward to a few bourbons and a good ole gas bag.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesom Rachel, you are doing so well! Amazing!!! We need progress photos please!!!
Kym/Australia

FREEDOM said...

I have a few skirts in the depths of my closet I was thinking just this morning I might fish out and try...trouble is my foot wear always lets me down I think skirts look best with boots but mine need the heels replace and kill me to walk in them just now with my knee whay it is

But go you for wearing skirt and looking hot I bet.Have a great weekend with your friend