Monday, July 05, 2010

Weigh in

Last week: 95.1kg
This week 92.6kg
Loss: -2.5 (total -17.5kg)

Pretty happy with that considering I have my 'mate' this week and from years gone by, I have ALWAYS put on about a kilo this particular week of the month....so pretty blinkin happy.

I have been super busy this week with work (first week of the month is alway really hectic) and it was the kids last week of school so we had 'fun day's' with mother having to make 'plates' of food which my kids insist we have to make rather than buy from the shops.....hahaha.

I also spend about 3 hours shopping as I look at every damn label on everything now.
I have however gotten some really cool stuff that I didn't even know exsisted (ie. Japanese Panko Crumbs etc). I always loved supermarket shopping but now I love it even more....LOL. I am still making some really nice meals and I am aloud salad's now so I have been having lots of these with HEAPS of coriander (my favourite herb). I seem to be eating much more fish than ever before and I think it is because it is 'safe' to eat and I have found quite a few recipe's for fish.

Oh yeah, I also had my baby's 6th birthday on Thursday and of course we all had to be up at 5am before Dad went to work so we could open presents.
He then had a 'party' of sorts on the Saturday afternoon (after Rugby) where he invited 2 mates and they played rugby down at the reserve Dad and brother, they all had a great time and ran off SOME of the lollies they had eaten. They then watched the 'This is It' Michael Jackson movie that his grandparents got him for his birthday, played more games, had pizza for dinner (I tried one piece but ate it too quick and it ended up in the toilet) and then pirate ice cream cake and then I dropped the boys home................phew..........................

One the way home I was craving a drink (alcoholic type) so I went to the bottle-o and grabed a bottle of Jim Beam Bourbon (I already had coke zero in my fridge) and got home and poured myself a drink (weak) and sat down and drank it........bliss!
I then had another one...........again............bliss!
Hubby wanted to know if I felt tipsy as I was told alcohol would be more potenent (sp?) but I felt fine, not even tipsy......but relaxed. I didn't want to push my luck so I left it at that.
We then had a visitor for dinner last night and I again had 2 x bourbon's and felt fine but left it at that. I made a big Chicken roast dinner with lemon stuffed chicken, roast potatoes, pumpkin, kumera, carrots and a vege bake with mushrooms, capsicum, brocolli, cauliflower, onions and leek, topped with a cheese sauce and a sprinkle of edam cheese on top................devine. I had about 2 spoonfulls of each and felt satisfied and 'normal'.

As the weeks go on, I am eating more normal foods and eating with the family and not feeling like such an outcast now. Getting on the treadmill still isn't any easier and I have to convince myself everytime to get on there as I have always hated exercise and an operation hasn't changed that.
Hubby in his misguided compliments has been telling me that I am gettin flappy now (which means in his words - your losing more weight) so I am looking forward to going back to Hamilton and meeting with Advanced Physio who will set me an exercise program which will include TONING.

Rambling now...............

I'd better get my house in tip top order as I have 10 people (4 adults, 6 kids) arriving sometime today for the first week of the school holidays...........can't wait!!!!
I won't get another opportunity to update until they go, so I'll catch ya all next week.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Janene stole the words out of my mouth!

Anavar said...

I'm happy for you that you keep losing weight. Even it is just 0,5kg in a week. It is something and slowly you will get far. Keep up the good work!

Lee-Anne said...

Good on you Rachel. Way to go.

You sound so happy.