Monday, June 28, 2010

Weigh in

Last week: 96.4kg
This week: 95.1kg
Loss: 1.3kg (total 15kg)

More than happy with that. I got a bit slack towards the end of the week with my exercise and water, so am going to make sure I keep this up for this week.

Eating more variety still.
I have a lemon and herb piece of crumbed fish last night with potato/brocolli balls (home made) and a salad with lots of coriander (yum) and it was delicious.
I have really missed having my salad's and made one up on Saturday with everything I love in it and have had two goes at it and there is still 2/3 of it left and I made sure I only made a small one up,......hahahaha.

I am still dishing myself up too much. It is definately WAY less than I use to but I find I am putting too much on my plate and either the kids or my husband end up eating my leftovers.....hahaha (all healthy stuff of course).
Last night I put 1 small piece of fish on my plate, 2 brocolli balls and a small 'tong' full of salad and apart from the salad, I only ate half the fish and 1 brocolli ball AND the kids told me how little my meal looked to start with....LOL.

My eldest boy (8 years) keeps telling me how 'lovely' I look now I am eating healthy which always brings a tear to my eye. I never REALLY realised how much all my dieting etc affected them and how much they noticed things before I had my op. All the kids know is that Mum had to have something in her tummy fixed and now she can only eat little bits of healthy food. I am really suprised that they are eating pretty much what I am now. I always just assumed they wouldn't eat this and that but they actually are enjoying my new healthy menu.

HRV
Well the 3 hrv boys turned up at 8.30am on Friday morning and were gone again by 10.15am with it all installed. I am sitting here now looking out my windows at the front of my house (I have big sliding doors/windows) and they are CLEAR. I am looking at 3 houses across the road which all have fogged up windows but not us...yay!
The house is definatley more 'even' if that makes sense. We definately had rooms which were freezing and rooms which were OK with temperatures but now they all seem similar (which has pleased my hubby as he is superstitious and was sure there were ghosts in the house......hahahaha). They reckon by next year we should see the benefits as far as the house being completely dried out but I am happy so far.

Off to the treadmill I go............

4 comments:

FREEDOM said...

brocolli balls????

Anne said...

Amazing - the weight is just falling of you:-)

Chris H said...

Yep.. brocolli balls?
so glad the HRV is working so well.

Name: Lynise said...

Hi Rachel, I think those moments we have with our children are the ones that really bring a lump to the throat. When my daughter turned 10 she spent part of her birthday at an ice skating rink. I sat on the sidelines as she and her friends skated around, but the real kill joy of the day was that two of her friends mums were friends of mine so they came too and BOTH of them whizzed around the rink with the girls all having a great time, while fatty pork pie (moir) couldn't, as there was no way her 123kg body could cope with that kind of activity and I the last thing I ever wanted to do was make a spectacle of myself, so instead I sat by (on many occassions) and watched life go by.

I have wasted to many years being a spectator and missed out on things that I should have been a part of. I am still 92kg so know I have more to lose, but I don't sit back and watch others having fun anymore. This year alone I have been to dance classes, done a horse trek and when my daughter and I are riding our bikes around the beach track near our home I know I am being the type of mum I want to be, rather then watching her childhood disappear in front of me.

So happy for you and especially for the experiences your family will benefit from in having a healthier, happier mother.