Thursday, June 24, 2010

Drinkies are good to go!

Well I spoke to Zola yesterday and asked her what can I be eating now that I'm going into my 5th week post op and she said, apart from bread, rice and pasta.....everything! I can try everything now but just be careful.

I also asked her about having a wine on my birthday (another 2 weeks away) and she said "yep but maybe just have the one" which suits me fine. I haven't had a drink for so long that one is proberly all I'm going to need....hahaha. Plus I still have to go to work that night (bummer eh?) so won't be able to go overboard.

I have been dying for a salad so that's the first thing I'm going to make today. Haven't decided what protein I'll have with it but I'm off to the supermarket so I'll have a look there. I'm really loving fish (seafood in general) at the moment but I did try a chicken thigh yesterday for lunch (with steamed veges) and it went down OK but it did feel uncomfortable for about half an hour which I didn't like but Zola reckons the more I eat it the less uncomfortable it will be.

I am sitting here in a huge jacket with my heater on,,,,,,,,,,,, this house is sooooooo cold but tomorrow morning I am getting a HRV installed and can't wait.

I did get a DVS when I was in Wellington and it was brilliant but we rang them about 2.5 weeks ago (same time as HRV) about someone coming out to give us a quote and never heard back from them (I hate bad customer service) so HRV it is.

I'm rambling now, so I'll jump in the car and go and get some shopping.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

We had an HRV system installed, it was crap, we still had condensation and the house was cold in winter & stinking hot in the summer. We had them out several times but nothing was ever resolved, in the end we had an electrician friend install a switch so it can be turned off.

Anne said...

Peter installed a "Smart Vent" system a few weeks ago and it's magical. No condensation:-)

Can you give us your fish pie recipe??