Sunday, June 13, 2010

1st reaction

SEAFOOD CHOWDER

I am so peeved that I had a reaction to the seafood chowder I made last night, I was SO looking forward to it.
I made it with the seafood, cooked it in the fish stock and then added the lite coconut milk and thickened with cornflour. Tasted fantastic (while eating it), everyone raved about how lite and tasty it was but unfortunately within 5 minutes of eating it I was in the loo. I then got very, very hot and had to get changed into a summer top (I had thermals and 3 other layers on before that as I was cold).
So I'm guessing that I won't try that for another couple of months and then maybe it may agree with me a bit more.

But I won't give up, tonight I'm thinking of making a nice hoki fillet steamed in foil with corriander, lime and chilli with either brocolli balls (potato and brocolli mash with mozzarella cheese in the middle, rolled into a ball and rolled in breadcrumbs then baked in the oven) or a vegetable bake of some sort.

Anyway I'm off to drink more water and then jump on my treadmill.

3 comments:

Janine said...

Hmm, what was the sugar content like in the coconut milk as sometimes they remove the fat but add more sugar, or was it more like you got the food stuck and had to bring it up again?

Chris H said...

What a shame, seafood chowder is delish!

JustJo said...

I reacted with lite coconut milk the first time I tried it too! Sounds like a classic dumping case to me chick!
And can ya flick me the recipe for the brocolli balls when you get a chance? It sounds divine!