Saturday, June 12, 2010

Food glorious food.........and exercise!

I am sitting here with my trusty cruskit with a big piece of ham on it and a slice of edam cheese.............yummo and no problems going down.
Everything I have tried I have been very careful with and so far there hasn't been one problem. I haven't had any bad effects from anything I've tried and am really enjoying now making myself special tasty meals.

Being 'week 3' I have I am only going the the loo (#2's) once a week now which Zola reckons is OK but it feels really weird to me as I have ALWAYS been a very regular once a day girl.

I have also been drinking my water which has gotten easier as I now have a 'mizone' bottle which has a brilliant spout on it.

EXERCISE!
This is a word that has ALWAYS scared me. I hate, hate, hate exercise but know it is essential and has to be done. A couple of years ago I bought a treadmill which I used regularly for about 2 or 3 months and it has been an oversized coat hanger ever since....BUT on Thursday I was watching THE BIGGEST LOSER on TV and the girl who won it last session (Michelle - I loved her) said something about having balance and you just HAVE to have time for exercise or you are just going to go back to the way you were. One of the contestants had a gastric bypass years ago and was huge again which also scared me so I instantly got off that bloody couch and dusted off the treadmill and jumped on. There is NO WAY I am ever going back to what I was and getting this op is a 'tool' only and if I don't change my ways (food & exercise) I will put weight back on and there ain't no way I am going back there SISTER!!!!! (stepping off soap box).
So I managed 15 minutes both Thursday and Friday and have yet to jump on today as we have just gotten back from rugby (my son scored 6 tries out of the 11 their team made - very proud mum) and have been cleaning the house as we have guests tonight - BUT I WILL GET ON IT TODAY. Plus I always feel better once I step off knowing I have done something for myself and it didn't kill me after all.

I am starting to get a 'too big' pile in my wardrobe now. 1 or 2 items that I put away basically as soon as I got home from hospital but now a few more after a couple of people at work told me that what I was wearing was baggy.....hehehe baggy, love it.

I haven't gotten around to making that seafood chowder yet BUT tonight is the night as we are having guests and they love seafood. It has been quite cold here the last week or so, so I reckon the fire blazing, a hot bowl of chowder while watching the rugby is going to be a perfect night.

Right I'd better get back to my cleaning............*sigh* a women's work is never done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you please tell me how much this surgery costs? I have spent a lifetime battling my weight also.

JustJo said...

Awesome stuff gorgeous!! Great to see the Treadmill is getting a workout - exercise is the key I reckon :) Not that I am doing any of it at the moment! hehehehe... Make sure you take progress measurements and photos! Even if you don't post them - kepp them for yourself - it will blow your mind in a few months time!