Monday, June 14, 2010

Weigh in

Last week: 98.9kg
This week: 97.6kg
Loss: 1.3kg (total loss: 12.5kg)

Someone asked me how much this op cost.
$18,500.00 and I reckon it is worth every penny.
I had 2 other procedures done but this was just for the bypass.
I am with Southern Cross Health insurance so I get an ex-gratia payment of $5,000 which helps (my bank manager agreed).

Even though there are certain 'rules' to this operation, I no longer feel I'm on a diet. For the 1st time in about 25 years, I'm not on some sort of a diet and it feels liberating.

I had a lovely meal with my family last night and felt like a 'normal' person with what I was eating. I am really enjoying trying new foods and not feeling like I'm missing out with anything.
Example: Yesterday was a horrible cold, rainy day so the kids and I stayed indoors and baked. We made a chocolate cake and chocolate chip muffins and I didn't feel like I had to lick the bowl out.....LOL

LIBERATING................

6 comments:

Chris H said...

I hope you took 'before' photos! And do progress ones too! I love seeing the changes!

Tracy said...

You are doing so well, it must be very exciting to see the weight come off so quickly.

Lee-Anne said...

Another great loss Rachel. You sound so happy. I look forward to seeing the photos too.

Anne said...

Best choice for you - great to hear you so happy and positive:-)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the cost of the procedure - it was me who asked. I look forward to seeing your transformation!!

Lyn said...

Congrats on another awesome loss!! :)