Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bits and Bobs

HRV SYSTEMShit Tracey - don't tell me the HRV systems are crap after I just paid them over $3,500 and they are due at 8.30am to install it.
SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT HRV............PLEASE.

Anne - food in a minute - smoked Fish Pie Recipe:

1 small onion
535g Watties Very Special Creamy Corn Soup
1/2 cup frozen pea
1/4 cup parsley
zest of 1 lemon (this added a really nice taste)
400g tin smoked fish
450g pkt Wattie's frozen Homestyle Mashed potato

Fry onion until clear, pour in corn soup, peas, lemon zest, stir over heat for 2 minutes. Stil in smoked fish (break it up) and parsley.
Pour into a medium oven-proof dish and place mashed potato patties onto top, overlapping.
Place in oven (preheated 180oC) for 25 - 30 minutes. Done.

Janine - Vodka over wine
Interesting that you say that 1 glass of wine knocks you over but your fine with vodka. I was also (pre-op) the same with bourbon. David (surgeon) told me I could still drink my bourbon and coke but I wasn't to drink the pre-mixes and had to mix my own with bourbon and either diet coke or coke zero.
As we are going to a winery for my birthday (there's heaps up here in the Hawkes Bay but I have chosen Crab Farm) I guess it will have to be wine.

I think that's it?
Oh yeah the WLS get together.............can't remember who asked me about this but I haven't decided yet. I have a girlfriend up here who has also had the surgery (4 years ago) and she is keen to come but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Right, that's me............night.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh goodness I hope the HRV system will work because that is A LOT OF MONEY to spend!!!!!!!! good luck :) All I know is that we have heat pumps and NO CONDENSATION EVER.

Chris H said...

I don't know anything about HRV systems...sorry can't help ya. Hope it works and is worth the money.

Anne said...

HRV's seem to be the most expensive option yet Peter reckons they basically do the same as the cheaper models. He feels the price is higher because of their overheads, telemarketing, sales, offices etc. I've heard Moisture Master are good, also we installed DVS in our rental - the system we have here for around $1,000 wholesale from the electrical suppliers is a Smart Vent. We installed it ourselves but any electrician could do it. Works wonders..... just suggest you shop around, get prices - GOOD LUCK!

Oh thanks for the recipe - will try it:-)

Anne said...

Oooops - bit late with my advice re HRV's - it will be installed by now...