Monday, June 07, 2010

Week 2 - All going well

Last Week: 101.3kg
This week: 98.9kg
Loss: 2.4kg (week 2)

Still can't believe that. Its actually coming off!! I will NEVER be over 100kgs again..................NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have put on 400g in the last 5 days as I'm not 'going' to the loo again. I'll have to get that benefibre into me again.

I'm quite excited about this week as I'm allowed to start eating more 'normal' food. Its called the 'soft solids' week and basically its trial and error with overcooked vege's and soft meat.....mmmmmmm sounds yummy hahaha.

I made a fish pie last night which I'm going to try today and I also have a fabulous seafood chowder recipe (thanks Cara) which I am definately having in a few days.
I just intent to eat with my family this week (rather than my own seperate little meal) and just have the mashed potato, vege's and whatever meat they are having.
I have gotten lots of fish and chicken thighs as these seem to be the theme with new post op'ers.

My usual daily food so far has been:

Breakfast: 1 weetbix, 4 tsp plain yoghurt, 2 tsp strawberry protein powder.
I usually get through about 2/3 of it which is about 4 or 5 teaspoons.

Lunch: 1 Lite cruskit with different toppings, like, vegemite and cream cheese or tuna and cottage cheese or garlic roasted hummus and grated edam cheese....yum.

Dinner: 2 - 3 'ice cubes' of either lamb or chicken with vegetables (I made these up pre-op with a pot of vegetables with either chicken or lamb added, mixed up to mush and then frozen into ice cubes).
Last night I had 2 lamb ice cubes with 2 tsp of mashed potato and 1 tsp of mustard sauce (family had corned silverside with mustard sauce) and it went down beautifully but again I was only able to eat about 2/3 of it.

I don't snack at all (one of the rules - 3 meals a day only) and I have gone from about 8 cups of coffee a day with 1 sugar to 2 or 3 half cups of coffee with 2 sugar tablets and trim milk of course.

I am having a REALLY COOL dilema with my clothes this week as they are looking too big for me and a bit 'daggy' but my next size down are still a wee bit snug.
I have also realised that when I got down to my lowest a couple of years ago (84.3kg) it was summer which means I have HEAPS of smaller summer clothes but bugger all winter clothes.
I am currently FREEZING all of the time, even with the fire and everyother heater in the house going and have been out and got myself another pair of long casual pants and thermals but I'm still cold.
Not that I'm complaining (much) as I realise the layers are now (and forever) coming off and I LOVE THAT feeling, so I'll just live with it.
I keep imagining myself in a pretty summer dress which has always been a dream of mine, to wear a pretty summer dress. As I am so short (5f2") I have never been able to wear a dress especially with my weight as I looked ridiculous and shorter than I actually was. But BRING IT ON sister, I WILL be in a dress by Christmas.

Right I'm off to have my weetbix for breakfast (practically the only cereal I can have that falls within the sugar/fat guidelines). I have found a new variety "Wild Berry Bites" which I'm trying this morning. It have mixed berrys which will be a nice change from the plain weetbix.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl - I am so happy you did this for yourself. Love reading your updates so keep them up. Hey don't forget to take photos regularly - Love ya Jax

Anne said...

Must be a fantastic feeling to know that you will only be heading on downwards from here!

FREEDOM said...

'hey girl u sound like u r doing real fine. I have a couple of hurdles but doing ok I guess.
Come on spill the beans girl wat was the name of the cereal and wat did it taste like. I havnt beeen able to stomach weetbix since I was pregnant and now I have less stomach would imagine I can tolerate it even less hehehe

Lyn said...

Very inspiring post! So glad it's all coming together for you!