Sunday, September 12, 2010

Shopping

Well there is good shopping and bad shopping..............today I had to do some bad shopping for new SMALLER bra's. Since going down in weight I have had to go down in bra size (girth) but not cup size but today I went to a C cup. Now some of you won't understand why I'm so upset by this but coming up 6 years ago I had a breast reduction and hoped that when I had this gastric bypass done, I wouldn't lose anything of my boobs. I started (at my starting weight) at 22D and up until today had gotten into an 18D but today I tried on an 18C and it fit perfectly (with now pouches bits).....................*sigh*....haven't told hubby the bad news yet hahaha.

I popped into Farmers for my new bra's (they had the best selection) and seen some lovely skirts and dresses I would just LOVE to get into for summer.
I will soon need to get a few bits and pieces as the clothes I'm in now are starting to get a little baggy.

I started in a bottom size of 20 and a top size of 22/24. I am now in a 14 on the bottom and a 16/18 on top - so I have basically gone down 2 sizes both top and bottom (mine you I reckon it looks more than that).

I now have 2 pair of size 14 pants left for work, 2 pairs of jeans and 1 pair of cargo's and about 7 or 8 tops which is actually more selection than when I was at my largest...LOL, so we are not at crisis point yet but I have absolutely NOTHING suitable for summer. I have mostly work tops and nothing casual for around the house and on the weekends. This is a dilema I haven't had before.....weird.

My eating has been OK, this week I have been a bit lazy and have been making something for the kids and hubby and I have been having a ready meal (snack size of course). Last night one of my boys had a friend here so we made 'home-made pizza's' which was fun and much more healthier than store bought ones.
I remember I could polish off nearly 2 large pizza's (yep - 16 slices) on my own pre-op but last night I managed 1.5 pieces and was very satisfied...........I'm still amazed at what fills me up these days.
Tonight is fish pie (my favourite) for me and hubby and the kids are having pizza's again as there is still heaps of left-overs (they are in heaven).

The plan this week is to concentrate more on my water (a recurring theme) as I have been a bit slack this week. Exercise hasn't been too bad and I've walked the kids to school and back a few times with the dog in toe. Didn't make it onto the treadmill but still think I'm doing OK with exercise.

Work has been really quiet but as they weeks go on things will now start building up so I'm looking forward to that as I much prefer to be busy than not.

Weather has been incredible today, sun shining with lots of heat in it.
No more earthquakes for little ole Napier (we had 2 this week, 5.2 and 5.4).

Roll on 'weigh in' tomorrow................feeling positive.

No comments: