Thursday, November 04, 2010

It's all a bit too easy......

I've had a weird day so far. Good and Bad.

Got up at usual time to the kids fighting....hahaha little buggers.
Jumped on the scales (which I try not to do during the week) and found I was down to 75.5kgs (lets hope that stays the same for next Monday's weigh in) and instantly I was elated to think I was still going down at a steady rate but scared at the same time.
Scared because really, it has all been a bit too easy in the last 6 months. Yes I know I have had a major operation which is suppose to drop weight at the speed of light BUT it doesn't seem to matter what I do (good or bad) I still lose a decent amount of weight and I KNOW it is all going to come crashing down soon.

My eating and exercise has been so relaxed that I am now not worried if I have protein with one of my meals or don't go for a walk etc because I'm going to lose weight anyway............BAD WAY TO THINK but true unfortunately.

Even sitting here now, after eating 4 x vitaweats with ham and cottage cheese plus 1/2 a pump bottle of water I feel like I'm 'cheating' somehow.

When I first had the op, I made sure I had all the right food in the house, every meal was lovingly made with the correct amount of protein etc. I stuck to the rules (ie. no drinking 30 mins before or after a meal) and was even exercising more often than not. Now I'm leaving meals to the last minute and then just throwing anything together which I can usually eat but doesn't have the correct amount of substance in it to keep me going to the next meal. I am living on coffee only (and bourbon hahaha) and haven't been drinking my water and exercise consists of walking to the car and back *sigh*.

Trying to think WHY, I have come up with a major that I think is the answer.
For the past 25 years I have constantly been on a diet, constantly thought about food, constantly felt guilty when I ate something I shouldn't because I knew it was going to put weight on. Now I realise I have been having a mini holiday of the mind. I haven't had to worry about any of that really because no matter what I eat or don't eat, I'm still in the honeymoon period and won't put any weight on - in fact, I'm still going to take it off.

So what am I doing about it?

I went to get the grocery shopping this morning and restocked my cupboards with the food I should be eating and preparing for myself and my family and it felt good.
I also went into Farmers (department store) and looked for a pair of 3/4 black pants for work and a pair of jeans and I got both in a SIZE 12.........SIZE 12. Major incentive!

I can honestly say that I can NOT ever remember being in a size 12 - EVER. I'm sure I must of when I was young (like 12 or 13 maybe) but never as an adult and I nearly started crying right there in the changing room. I also had a blouse that was a size 14 that also fit...........OMG, OMG, OMG!!!

That's when the lightbulb went on and I decided I liked being this size and I wasn't going up another size - so I'd better get my ass into gear and make sure that happens. I also reckon that even though I'm losing weight, I could be losing it quicker if I stick to the 'rules' and do what I know I'm suppose to be doing.

Right I know what to do, its just a matter of doing it now!

RANK AND BABBLE OVER........sorry.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Some people are lucky and can just naturally eat the right foods & the right amounts without having to think about it. The rest of us - we have to constantly monitor what we eat, how much we eat and make sure we are getting all the right nutrients and quantities etc.

Even when you reach your goal weight, it will still be something that has to be done otherwise your brains "mini holiday" will bite you in your ever shrinking butt and all the hard work & the operation would have been for nothing.

Congrats on size 12!!!!

Janine said...

Maybe you should head over to the Meet & Greet in November as I am sure you will find so many others in the same situation. Just drop me a line if you are interested. You will know a few people there. We still have a few spots left

Anne said...

Incredible how you are doing, I would love to see how you look now (which is by the way lighter than I am just now, I'm getting my act together and into action once more.)

I'm sure your mind, eating habits and exercise will find a bit of a balance that you can handle. And enjoy every moment with that new body and the shopping ahead!