Sunday, December 17, 2006

Spots, spots and more spots

Yep you guessed it, Adam is now COVERED with chickenpox..............not great surprise really apart from he is handling it much better than Reece did and I thought he would give me grief.

Right what have I been up to?

Thursday I stayed home with Adam as he had sprained his ankle, it was a great cruisy day and I got heaps done around the house (freed up my weekend).

Friday we had our 'Production Away day' with the company and they took us up to Otaki/Levin to a place called Tatum Park (an old scout camp) on a couple of buses and when we arrived there were bouncy castles and targets set up etc, so we new we were in for a good day.
It was 25 degree's up there and there was NO SHADE but I packed on the sunblock and was constantly drinking water so avoided any sunburn or dehydration (Stop laughing Aussie girls, that's really hot for us Kiwi dwellers). We had morning tea and then got stuck into the 'the defender dome' (sort of like dodgeball) and vertical bungy, skeet shooting, some sort of jigsaw game and a few other things I have no idea what the names are.
Stopped for lunch (hamburgers - didn't make great choices) and then back into it for another couple of hours (sweated like you wouldn't believe - NOT attractive!), afternoon tea (caramel slice and wine - more bad choices) and then prize giving (didn't win a bean) and back on the bus for a well deserved sleep on the way home................LOL

Grabbed Reece on the way home from school (Adam was still home with Dad) and had an hour to have a shower and get dolled up to go to Andrew's work 'do' which was at 'One Red Dog' in Wgtn (Pizza bar place), I did have a couple of pieces but tried to stick to the vegetarian ones.
Drank FAR too much bourbon and coke and ended up at a club called 'Electric Avenue' where I danced and danced and danced (about 2 hours - must have lost a bit of that bad eating from the day), got home at 2.20am and flaked out only to be woken up 7am by my little darlings.

Andrew and I suffered most of the day with hangovers, haven't had a bad hangover like that for years and then went into town to pick up a sandpit for the kids we had bought off Trademe.

Had a very early night last night after cooking a big meal for Andrew and the boys but I could only manage a WW meal and a piece of bread (still seedy) and here I am today.

Kids are playing with their Thomas the Tank Engine trains (best investment any parent could make!!!) and I have jumped on here for 15 minutes until the kids are ready for lunch.

I also noticed when I jumped on here that my profile photo has changed (thanks Jo) which I must admit is much better than the last one.

Only 4 days left of work and then 2 weeks off.....................YAY!

4 comments:

Helena said...

chicken pox for the little guy was bound to happen eh? at least once its over and done with they wont get it again! Now ... Electric Avenue is THE BOMB ... see if you hadda stuck around at my Bday, you would have had a head start hehe ... that place rocks ... we should all head back there in the new year and "party like its 1999" yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaa

sandii said...

poor boys!

your night sounds awesome! dont' stress about the food, sounds like you worked it and quite a bit more off!

gotta love Thomas!!!

love the pic
x

Anne said...

Better getting them now rather closer to Christmas:) You are having a bit of a run of it at the moment.

Our gransons all love Thomas as well:)

Ang said...

OH no! more chicken pox. Guess what is starting to do the rounds in my class? hehe Yip you guessed it, chicken pox. Good timing ay