Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day 4 (of 14)

Going great guns here, shakes are still yum and the water is getting easier to drink but the toilet stops are still the same - heaps.

Had a few visitors yesterday so didn't manage to get on the treadmill and haven't again this morning but am definately getting on later today (again waiting on a visitor to arrive).

Last night I had another huge salad (I really don't get sick of them AT ALL) and added a couple of bits of feta cheese - yum. I didn't have any eggs to add (hence the cheese) and the boys ended up having sausages, chips and baked beans (yuk!).

I think the thing I'm finding the hardest at the moment is coffee, I am usually a 6 cup a day girl but have been trying to only have 3 maximum and without sugar. I don't mind it THAT much without the sugar but find the hardest thing is not putting it in as it is habit. I made one this morning to take to work and automatically put a teaspoon of sugar in and didn't realise until we were half way to work and I had a sip. I must admit it tasted very sweet to start with but I enjoyed it all the same.

I'm finding mid afternoon still the hardest time for me as I am getting peckish but the extra salad in the fridge has helped. As we live in the Hawkes Bay we have an abundance of beautiful, fresh, variety of fruit and my fruit bowl is full with nectarines, plums, apricots, apples, oranges and golden kiwifruit and I just want to eat it all but have decided not to indulge myself but stick to the plan (2 shakes plus I main meal of protein & salad/vege's) as it is only for 2 weeks and I am DYING to see what the results are.

Of course I jumped on the scales again this morning (I'm such a daily weigher) and they are down 800 grams bringing me to 1.8kgs in 3 days (long may it continue). I had an expectation of losing 2.5 - 3kgs if possible and this is still my goal but if things go better than that, well who am I to complain right?

My main focus is to make sure I do my treadmill and water as I think I have the eating side of it sorted.

Since its such a beautiful day here today I am going to get outside and potter around (after the visitors leave) and then go and get the weekly grocery shopping while the kids go to the neighbours for a 'tea party' (so cute).

4 comments:

Chris H said...

What a great loss in such a short time! Keep it up.

Jenny said...

Well done :) My scales are moving too....woo hoo!!! Those 'pee' stops are getting time consuming tho LOL. As fast as it goes in , I have to let it out :)
Enjoy your day :)

Anne said...

Love all these woman being on fire, really helps my motivation:-)

I could eat salads every day, they don't have to be boring like years ago, but tonight my darling daughter cooked us a chicken curry (low fat as well).

Jules said...

Good stuff Rach. I'm loving salad too. Wish I had more fruit though.