Thursday, January 08, 2009

Hmmmmmm

Trying to get back into 'it' once there has been a couple of weeks off ISN'T EASY.

I weighed in at 103.7kgs on Monday morning which was a lose off 200gms. I only managed 2 shakes last week and overindulged with too much wine, cheese and biscuits, takeaways etc.

We have had guests staying (which left yesterday) which makes cooking and eating a challenge plus the weather has been friggin amazing (going to be another 30+ today) and all we want to do is drink water (excellent!) then later in the evening drink wine (not excellent) and then eat late (not great when you go to bed at 8.30pm).

Our next lot of visitors don't arrive until 22nd Jan so that gives me 2 weeks to get back into a healthly routine of eating and drinking.
I must admit I really enjoyed the 'shakes' that 1st week and instantly felt better within a week (if only you could bottle that feeling eh?).

Plan for today is, take the kids to the local park and meet up with a friend and her kids. Then our cousin is coming over the pick up the goggles and shorts I managed to take from her house by mistake yesterday after we had finished having a swim in her pool (bliss!).
Then we have to meet up with the boss from Tip Top who is up from Wellington for our bi-annual catch-up (hopefully in a pub or cafe where it is cool) and then come home and crash. I just turned around from where I am sitting and looked at my treadmill which I will unhook and plugin today as well. Tonight I think is the best time once it cools down a bit.

My sister brought me a singlet top thing for Xmas and I baulked at it when I opened it because I NEVER EVER EVER wear a singlet top (my arms are massive) but she said it was so hot up here and all I had (that fits at the moment) are black t-shirt, polo shirts which are just plain stupid, so I put the thing on to please here and it was really cool so I took myself down to 'he Warehouse' and got a couple more.
The only thing I have to do now is get a tan on the upper arms as they are lilly white and look very weird.

Ok I'd better get these kids organised if I'm going to the park this morning,
hope everyone is still on holiday's having a fabulous time (not I).

3 comments:

Chris H said...

I too never wear sleevless tops.. ikky arms, even with a tan. Hope you have a good weekend coming up!

Anne said...

My attitude while on holiday is who cares what my arms look like! Not so much large nowdays but flabby (but I have a bit of a tan).

First few years in a business is hard, been 10 years this year for us and this is the first year we've had decent size holidays! It does get better!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Take a good look out there Rach... not many women out there have nice looking upper arms... Smile knowing you are comphy in it... who gives a shite really???
I dont care what people think.. I have tuck shop arms.. but i wear sleevless tops and dresses for comfort!