Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Shake, shake, shake, shake a shake it

Right that's the 1st day out of the way, didn't drink all of my water but enjoyed my shakes and had the most delious salad last night with roasted pine nuts (yummmmmmm).

Since going to weight watchers ALL those years ago, I have managed to pick up great recipe's for salad's and must admit that I can make a pretty 'mean' salad now which I completely enjoy and rarely need anything else to go with it. We had lasagne as well last night and I had maybe a quarter the amount I usually have and double the amount of salad.

I didn't get my treadmill unhooked - hangs head in shame - BUT I did enough housework to more than make up for the 30 minutes I had planned.

My darling hubby took the kids for a long bike ride and then to his cousins for a swim in their pool and they would have been away for at least 3 hours, so I got stuck into the housework (worked up quite a sweat) and then shot into town to get some office supplies.

I found that to be a perfect day as I spent time with the kids in the morning but then had my own time in the afternoon and got stuff done (supplies etc).
I am SO OVER these school holiday's and even though the kids have been good, they and myself are ready for them to go back to school and we have 3 weeks to go argh!

I'll leave you with a photo of my boys in their 'tent' they made in the lounge room and one of the 'other half' at Cape Kidnappers golf course, he said it was breathtaking.


3 comments:

Margaret said...

I love Napier,its so beautiful, apent 10 days there a couple years ago watching the Under 17 cricket tourny at Nelson Park, on the rest days I went to Cape Kidnappers, its so stunning, and the wineries are beautiful. Must visit again one day. Good luck with the shakes and the plan.

Anne said...

Those boys remind me of our grandsons, they are forever making tents and rearringing the furniture!

You are going well Rachel!!! Quite a few of has are getting a new lease of life, great we can support each other:-)

Chris H said...

Ahh tents... yep been there, seen that a million times in my house! lol
Hope the shakes are going well.