Friday, January 02, 2009

2nd day into the New Year and I'm knackered!

Well I was a 'Nanna' and was in bed by 9pm on New Year's Eve. Unfortunately we are a 7 day a week business and don't get New Years off, so had to start work at 3am (as per normal) which means an early night.
I had my niece, nephew and great nephew still here which was nice and they said it was the best New Years Day (no hang over) they can remember ....... hahahaha

I made one New Year's resolution 3 years ago which I have kept which was "Never make another New Year's resolution again"......if I made anything different I wouldn't have stuck to it and only gotten myself depressed so why bother??

We have our house back today for a whole 2 days before the next lot of visitors arrive (sister, brother-in-law and nephew) for 3 days so we don't get much of a break PLUS Andrew hasn't had a day off in 5 weeks and I haven't had one off in 3 weeks.....blimey!

The high's and low's of owning your own business I guess.

My food has been a bit off but I'm not too concerned as there has been lots of water being drunk and salad's being eaten...mmmmm. Weigh in on Monday will tell.

The kids have been quite good but FOREVER want the neiboughs kids over here. They are generally good kids but I hate the responsibility of looking after kids constantly and mine never want to go there *sigh*. God I'm moaning today....sorry, I'll stop now!

Mum is visiting in February from Oz and I can't wait to get my 'Allure' perfume that she always gets me through Duty Free as mine is all but gone.

I'm still amazed that this time last year the kids and I were looking forward to visiting Mum and Andrew was staying back to work as he was 'the last on' at Tip Top (Sales Rep then) and had to work. We had NO INTENTION of moving (house or city) or changing career's, giving up my job (over 20 years at) and look at us now!!!

New city, new house, new schools (for the kids), new friends, new business and we are over the moon and just love it.

Right I'm going to end on that note and pop over to see what you gals have been up to.

Wanna - pls email me as I can't get on your blog (let the invite run out - sorry).

Cherrio

5 comments:

JustJo said...

You are blogging again!!!!
I just found you....
Been meaning to email for a few weeks now... but had some shit going on.. will do it now!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Jo :)

Chris H said...

I'm so happy you love your new home/job etc etc. What a neat start to a new year... being happy! ME TOO!

Anne said...

Happy New Year! Sounds a busy one ahead for you!

Jenny said...

LOL You and me pre oping with Jo :) Hope we do well!!! Glad to see you are happy in your new life.
Big Hugs
Jenny :)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ok.lady..no prob....