Thursday, February 15, 2007

The day after Valentines day

I just love Valentines Day and my hubby and I are really romantics. I slipped a soppy valentines card (with love voucher) into his suitcase the night before he left and he got it yesterday (Valentines).
I in turn got several phone calls and texts from him yesterday from Oz telling me how much he loves me THEN when I arrived home with the kids a big bunch of gerbera's (spelling?) were waiting for me with a beautiful valentines card that he had written in (he's soppier than me) that he'd taken to the florist before he left to have added to the bunch of flowers. I moan and groan about him sometimes (that's normal right?) but I do love him and I know he loves me.
I did take a photo but haven't downloaded it yet.

Right enough of the flowery stuff back to reality.

The kids got baked beans on toast for dinner (their favourite) and I had left over salad on sandwiches. My eldest sister came over as her hubby is in Auckland for work and after I got the kids off to bed, we sat there for hours just gasbagging. It was really nice because it is very rare that we get to do that as there are usually kids (mine and hers) around or the husbands and so you can never really get in a good ole gabble fest!

I didn't get to the card making place yesterday so I am aiming for today or even this evening (late night) as Dad is going to watch the kids for me after dinner so I can go and have a wander around Westfields shopping centre (just because).

Helena mentioned in her last comment that maybe one of the reasons that we are doing so well at the moment is all the water we are drinking and I have to say I think she is 100% correct.
I even feel more sluggish on the days I'm not drinking at least 2.5 - 3 litres which is a good indication that the water is really helping.

4 comments:

Anne said...

What a sweet man:) Also nice to have some time with your sister.

The water is a whole lot easier to drink in this heat as well.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How sweet was he...

I find water easier to drink at this time of year that is for sure.
But in Winter it is such a hassle.

Love CM

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Ohhh card making..what types do you do???
I looove card making...
Email me or add me to messenger so we can chat about it... I love love love home made cards... Maybe we could swap some ideas...I have some photos of cards I have made on my blog...I have volunteered and given lessons at a craft group to make paper tole cards...thats alot of fun...