Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm back

What a lovely break I had, I just love Gisborne :)

Took Friday off work to pack which was nice and relaxed while kids were at school/daycare.

Got to bed quite late as we packed the car that night for a 3.30am start the following morning, managed to sleep in and left at 5.30am....oops!
Unveiling was at 11am and we caught the last 5 minutes of it (no drama there) and then back to the hotel to unpack. Over the grandads house to see everyone and then back to the hotel to get ready for the massive 60th and 30th combined.

Andrew had had a few drinks with his Uncles and cousins at his grandfathers house earlier in the day so didn't feel like drinking that night (bonus for me) so he drove the kids home after dinner. The meal was 'to die for' as my mother in law had caught paua and crayfish and made cream paua (ate WAY to much of that) and then there was fry bread, stuffing, potato bakes etc and 1 salad that was only touched by one person - you guessed it - ME - .......hahahaha

I then proceeded to get totally trashed with my sister and sister in law and most of Andrew's cousins. After my 8 bourbon and cokes I then got given something called an Archer (gin or vodka with a mix???) and ended up on beer (I hate beer)....not good.

Andrew arrived back at around 1am and I was on the dance floor doing my impersonation of the world's best dancer *cringe* and was also singing at the top of my voice (god help me).

Sunday was very 'quiet' with lots of panadol plus most of the family (those who travelled) went back home and we sat around with the remaining family and caught up (nice).

We left Monday morning (approx. 10.30am) and had a nice easy drive home with the kids, stopping at parks and for lunch. I think we arrived home around 6.30pm, unpacked the car and collapsed in front of the TV.

Tuesday morning and I was up early to get the kids off to school/daycare and as I had the day off, I got most of the washing done and the house back in order before I headed for the shops to get this weeks mags and a BIG trim latte and sat down in the foodcourt for some 'me' time.........bliss!

Back at work today and it isn't as bad as I had feared (bonus!).

Right, I'm off to go have a read and see what you have all been up to....bye.

P.S. After the HUGE amounts of food I ate over the weekend, I didn't go to weigh in last night as I just couldn't face those scales.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Maybe you danced the calories off! Well sounds as if you tried anyway!!

Chris H said...

You know what? When I go out I overeat too, it's part of the fun. Life is too bloody short to deny ourselves all the time. Good on you for having a bloody good time, and who cares if you don't lose weight this week, there's always next week!

Ang said...

hahahahah sounds like you had a fabulous time!!!

Lynda said...

Welcome back.. you asked about The Warehouse Extra. Well its basically a big Warehouse but also with: supermarket, chemist, wine & beer shop, bakery and cafe. Its nothing much though and I think they could do without the grocery part. It is at Sylvia Park and is my local.

Carla said...

ohhh sounds like an awesome weekend! the food sounds heavenly!!! yummmmmm nothing like Fry bread with Jam, still nice and hot.... (jealous of the seafood too! yum!)

Anonymous said...

He he he sounds like you had fun even if there was too much food...

Maybe Anne was right and you danced the calories off he he he

Love CM