Friday, March 02, 2007

Girlie weekend

Well I have 40 minutes left at work before I bugger off with a girlfriend over the hill (Rimataka hill that is) and spend the afternoon dropping our gear off at the motel we are booked into and then finding a yummy cafe for lunch and then exploring Masterton shops. Out for dinner and drinks............yeah baby!

Tomorrow is the Martinborough Fair which I am really looking forwar too as I haven't been for a few years.

Yesterday I finally caught up with my mate Jo which is an effort these days as both of us are really busy with work, family etc but it was awesome to see her.
We went to -wait for it- Mitre 10 Mega and both had a coffee and a chicken salad (shock horror!), it was lovely as usual.

I also had a thing at school with Reece and his teacher that the school calls 'goal setting' which is quite cool really, we all look at previous work and then all discuss what we think should be looked at for this year to improve. Reece loved having 'buy in' and was quite the 'little man' telling us that he finds it hard to concentrate when kids are running around and making noise or can't sit on the mat for too long because he gets bored etc so that's one goal which he is to learn - concentrate on what he is doing etc.....I actually had quite a bit of fun with it and because he made some of the suggestions the teachers reckon it really works.

Right, I'm off......

Not much else to report really, I'll talk to you all next week........bye

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Have a fantastic weekend!

Lol at Mitre 10- my uncle and his family used to go for a day out at Bunnings!

Chris H said...

WE go to the cafe at Mitre 10 here in Palmy often too... probably just as nice as yours! Enjoy the fair, hope to get to it one year myself!

Cinders said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog Rachel. I hope you have a great weekend.