Monday, March 05, 2007

The Fair is over

...........and I managed to only spend $10 on a hand towel with New Zealand on it for my sister in OZ (boring). I did try to spend more money but there just wasn't anything that took my fancy, even my girlfriend kept her money in her wallet and we only managed to spend money on food which wasn't from the fair as the cue's were anormous!

We arrived Friday afternoon and went to a lovely little cafe in Greytown (Corner Cafe) and had a yummy lunch (I had a CLT which is a chicken, lettuce and tomato sandwich thing....lovely) and then headed to our Motel which I booked off the internet on Wotif.com as it was nice and cheap and it was FLASH. We then headed off to good ole Pak N Save and got our supplies (cheese, hummus, dips and crackers) and also some dinner (sushi) and headed back to the motel, unpacked our groceries and booze (bourbon for me, Vodka for Sue) and away we went....
Got to be about 1am after watching trashing E TV.

The fair was very average and I must admit that I won't be going back anytime soon.

Got home Saturday afternoon about 2.30pm.

Took Reece to see 'Happy Feet' at the movies and I had a ball and really enjoyed the movie, Reece got a bit scared in one or two places and HAD to go to the toilet 3 times but all in all a nice one on one time.

Andrew and I then took the kids down to one of the local schools with the boys bikes (Reece is still learning to ride his bike with no trainers) and a frizby and tennis ball and bats and had a really good time playing with the kids.

Andrew and his mate then went golfing at about 5pm and I managed to get the kids feed, bathed and in their PJ's by 6.30pm............rrrrrrrrr lovely weekend.

Stupidly forgot my camera which is a shame because there were definate 'candid camera' moments with Sue and I............LOL

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took my boys to Happy Feet and it was good but I think they got bored by the end as they got figgity.

Sounds like your weekend was good... sounds like the fair was a bit of a let down hun... that is sad.

I still have to teach my youngest to ride without his trainers... I should really get on to that he he he but he doesn't seem interested at the moment.

Love ya
CM

Anne said...

Does sound like a lovely fun weekend. Have never been to the fair - just the wine and food festival which was great.

Chris H said...

Shame the fair was only average, at least I know not to go now!

Karen said...

We had been thinking about going over to the fair but am glad we didn't make the effort then...
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.
Hope to catch up soon

Kate said...

Lol my neice had to leave happy feet after about 20 minutes because she was so scared.

And my sisters and I call those sandwiches CLITS. Lol, we always have a good giggle about it. Naughty!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Glad you had a nice hotel and that the company was good... Bit of a bugga about the fair tho... but thats life I guess...
I loooooove hommus and crackers and cheese..Oh and the alcohol to top it off..ohhhhh I would have been in heaven...

Sandii said...

i watched happy feet on the plane, not that impressed myself but Daniel and Christian loved it.

home sweet home Rach, ahhhh what a holiday it was.

don't even talk to me about scales, booze or ciggys... i was a boozehound, maccas loving smoker over there! hee hee hee

back to normal now though...

Isaacy is having his nap and i'm tempted to go with him. picked Daniel up from school, see my blog about his school... he's happy to change thank goodness!

ahhhhhh time for a rest!

take care hon
xxx

Ang said...

Glad you had a great weekend over this side of the hill!! Should have popped in for a perve at the house!!