Friday, February 16, 2007

Single mother ...........

I had a shocking morning, Reece slept with me and wet the bed. Adam woke up in a foul mood and wouldn't get dressed or eat his breakfast so I had to practically hold him down with him kicking and screaming while I dressed him and then through him in the car without breakfast.
Reece also wouldn't eat his breakfast because I wouldn't turn the TV on .......... stubborn little so and so. Ended up with 2 boys in the car either crying or arguing with me and it was just FABULOUS dropping them off this morning. I did think maybe they were missing their Dad (been gone 3 days) but then dismissed that idea when this conversation happened just before I dropped Reece off at school

Me: Do you miss Dad sweetie, is that why your being naughty this morning
Reece: Nah, Dad's been gone for ages now and I'm over missing him
Me: Only 2 more days and he will be home
Reece: Oh Man then I'll have to sleep in my bed again, can't he stay longer?


hahahahahaha............5 year olds crack me up!

Another girlfriend of mine is coming around with her 4 kids for Chinese takeaways tonight as her hubby is also away (hers for a weeks already).

I am finding it practically impossible to do everything and fit in exercise which is a bad excuse but an honest one, mind you I did go to Westfields Shopping Centre last night for 1.5 hours and went and bought 3 magazines, a trim latte and a packet of sushi and sat down in the Foodcourt and relaxed...........bliss!

5 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Being a single mum is hard work...
I have been seperated from my husband for 3 years now..divorced for 2 and altho I have a wonderful man in my life... I am still a single mum... We dont live together.. (my partner and i)
And for legal reasons due to an A hole of an ex husband I am not to leave my children with my partner to go out or anything... so yeah being a single mum is hard work...
At least you know yours is only for limited time...
Keep smiling... He will be home soon..

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm sushi and magazines.... my idea of bliss that is for sure.

I think sometimes kids just know how to push those buttons at the most inconvienent time aye... not long till hubby is home and lots of celebrating then huh. ;-)

Love CM

Chris H said...

Sounds like you need to go back to Westfields and pitch a tent, leave the kids with your friend, she can shove chinese down their gullets... lol ! Have a lovely weekend.

Anne said...

I'm another one that would regard the sushi and magazines as bliss:)

Hard being solo! LOL at Reece - they crack you up:)

Karen said...

OMG!!! Reeces cracks me up! I just read that out to Steph and he thought it was hilarious!
YUM to Sushi!!! And yay to 1.5hrs of bliss in Westfield!