Monday, October 29, 2007

Birthday weekend

Well my eldest turned 6 years old and he had a fantastic weekend.

They went 10 pin bowling, pizza for dinner, rugby with his mates and dad in the backyard, played with his remote control hummer and 4 wheeler (biggest hit), watched the fireworks (from our house) out the window, watched 2 DVD's (one was 3D...funny) and finished off with McDonald's for breakfast the following morning.

I also made him a 'soccer field' cake which he loved.

All they boys were very well behaved, full on but well behaved and Andrew and I had just as much fun with them.

Okey Dokey - photo's.









I ate really well, didn't drink all my water but felt great by the end of the weekend that I had eaten well and didn't consume a loaf of bread.
I've had my ww cereal for breakfast this morning and have sushi for lunch...mmmmmyum.

I also (finally) lugged my bike back into the house and have the hubby setting up the stepper tonight (fingers crossed). Feeling much more in control.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Glad you had a fabulous weekend, the weather was just perfect too. Don;t the boys look darn cute? We are not doing much for Griffin's birthday, too much on! House selling.... house selling.... bla bla bla.

Anonymous said...

i think feeling in control is the key Rach.

the party pics are great, ahhh they grow up so fast!

it's daylight savings here now so that's an extra hour or more of daylight to exercise and man am i pleased!

we have been playing backyard tennis with the boys and each other and the exercise has felt great. we get quite competitive and try to rally as long as possible. it's great.

have a great week!
x

The Candid Bandit said...

What a fantastic CAKE!

Oh and I am VERY envious of your green grass (I only have dirt in our backyard)..

Anne said...

Sounds as if the birthday went well and a lot of fun. A big six year old now!

Good feeling being back in control.

Felicity said...

great birthday celebrations

Teresa said...

Great to hear you had a wonderful weekend and managed to stay on program. High five!

I remember when DS had sleepovers for his birthday. Ahhh so cute. What a good mom you are.

Have a nice day!