Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Weigh in

GAIN: 100g
Total Loss: 23.4kg
Current Weight: 86.9kg

As you can proberly tell, I'm not a happy camper.
A gain??????? What is THAT about????
I THOUGHT I'd had a great week and before anyone starts telling me that its only 100 grams, I know I know it is but I need to vent and I've done that now so I'm over it.

Hubby took me out for dinner last night to 'Speights Ale House' which was absolutely devine!

I had pumpkin soup for entre' with a half loaf of bread (that I shared with hubby) and then had the Black Cherry Chicken for main which was a chicken breast stuffed with cashew nuts and cream cheese and then wrapped in bacon with a black cherry sauce....mmmmmmm yum.
I would have loved the chocolate mud cake they do which is really good with a coffee but thought better of it (plus I was full) and went home.

Went to bed and woke up 2 hours later with the most wicked reflux/heartburn and when I thought about what had caused it, I summised it must have been the pumpkin soup which I think had cream in it (cream does it to me everytime). I haven't had reflux since I was about 100kgs and I must admit I don't miss it, I managed to find a couple of quickeze tablets but it was very uncomfortable for a good 30 minutes or so.

We have a BBQ planned for this weekend and the weather is going to be horrible for the rest of the week but is suppose to clear on Saturday (fingers crossed) because we have quite a few people coming (ex Cadbury people) and we only have a little house so I want it to be nice so we can stay outside. We have opted for a lunchtime/early afternoon BBQ hoping we can stay outside. We have heaps of seafood in the freezer that Andrew's Mum and Andrew have caught (ie. crayfish, white bait and paua) that needs to be eaten (only lasts a couple of months in the freezer) so we are looking forward to that.

I'm hoping to pop into Helena's after work to see how 'Miss Gorgeous' is getting on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to KT today as well - 24 years old!

13 comments:

Chubbymum said...

Totally understand how you are feeling hun... big hugs.

MWAHHH

Love CM

Anne said...

Disappointing but it's behind you and you will have a good loss this week! I'm sure our bodies do flucations that aren't weight ganins - maybe fluid retention.

The meal sounded devine!! Did you mention whitebait!!!! Love them.

Anonymous said...

I'll be homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D

God I loved that cherry chicken when i had it agessssssssss ago ... mmmm yummo!

Mel. said...

Whilst it is disappointing, please don't get too hung up about it otherwise it will ruin this week for you as well. Sending you big (((hugs)))) and hope you have a better week this week.

14pk said...

http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-create-a-smoky-eye-effect

there's lots of different videos...i just watched and played for ages!!!!

Anonymous said...

hugely disappointing, especially when you know you've worked hard. i think we all know that feeling!

hugs
x

Kt said...

oh, thank you :) xox

seriously don't stress about 100gms, i know its annoying but i bet if you weighed yourself again tomorrow, it'd be gone!
just keep trucking along :)
you did well not to eat the cake - i seem to have an extra stomach whe it comes to dessert & I often scrimp on the mains just so i can get dessert lol

celtic_girl said...

Fully understand your disappointment,though I'm sure you'll turn it around next week.

Chris H said...

*ducking out from under me covers*... heartburn is the pitts... I used to get it all the time ... LOSEC worked for me, it's a miracle how well !!!! Bummer about the wee gain, keep workin on it girl, YOU CAN DO IT !!! *scuttling back now*.... ha ha ha!

Teresa said...

It is annoying when you do well and then get results less than stellar. Sure you have not wasted the effort and next week it will be better. Hope the sun does shine for you this weekend.

Christine said...

Oh gosh - blow your nose and you'll lose that 100g! :) Heads up!

Kathy said...

Thanks for your taking the time to give me some words of encouragement...it means a lot to me...and big hugs to you, as well!

Anonymous said...

oiiiii where have you been all week?
x