Monday, October 08, 2007

Head in the sand

Boy have I had a shocking week of eating and exercising.........I mean SHOCKING!

Got on the scales this morning and I am over 2kgs up on last weeks weight, lets see what I can reverse before tomorrow nights WW weigh in.

I'm cluttered!
I mean everything is cluttered at the moment in my life. My house is a mess and I HATE that, I'm not organised as far as planning my food and exercise and the kids stuff is everywhere around the house and I sit on the couch of a night and look at it all and it annoys me but not enough to get off my behind and do anything about it.
Hence my weight has increased because I have just eaten 'whatever' is going and everything I've made has been quick and easy (ie. sausages, chips and egg's etc) not good.

I can't work it out *shakes head*, I really don't know why I have gotten 'lazy' for a better word the last week as I was feeling so fantastic a few weeks ago *shrugs shoulders* I just can't work it out.

I'm back at work this morning and have had a 'shake' for breakfast as I wasn't organised this morning and didn't bring my yoghurt for my cereal. I have had 1.5lts of water which is good compared to my efforts of late but don't even want to think about lunch - oh I've just had an idea (lightbulb moment), I have to go and get Reece some shoes for hip hop today at lunchtime and subway is next door which means I could just get a subway and not think about it..........yep, that's what I'm gonna do.

Had a nice, if not uneventful weekend. Quite Friday night and then Saturday morning at 7am (yep 7am) I had a friends mother's funeral to go to. Headed to McD's for a coffee (trim latte) afterwards as it was the only place to get a coffee at 8.15am.
Off to Upper Hutt to get Reece's Hip Hop pants ordered and pick up hubby's jeans which he was getting altered. I then decided I had 15 minutes to kill before my hair appointment so went and spent $70 on a new pair of jeans as the only long pair I had are just too baggy now.

Hair done (just a colour and a fringe trim) and grabbed some more groceries for the BBQ in the afternoon.

Had 8 adults and 4 kids which was great and the weather even co-operated so we were able to stay outside for 80% of the time.
I ate stuff I would never usually eat (ie. apple crumble, homemade cheesecake, creamy pasta salad) for no apparent reason as I didn't enjoy the way I felt afterwards.

Drank lots of wine instead of breaking it up with some water and woke up really dehydrated the following morning.

Sunday morning and the All Blacks (Rugby team) lost their quarter final in the World Cup which put hubby in a hineous mood. Had to get family portraits taken and then hubby to golf and me and the kids just stayed at home and played with lego and Adam's Bob the Builder toys.

Kid's in bed by 5.30pm (tired fromt he night before) me in bed by 9.30pm but didn't go to sleep until 11.45pm and now feeling 'low'.

I'm hoping some retail therapy (even though it is for Reece) at lunchtime will lift my spirits.

I need a plan.......

I think I will go home tonight (nothing else planned) and get my planned menu's out and write myself out a shopping list and get the food side sorted out for the week and then do some exercises at home (ie. lunges, swats etc) and I'm sure that will make me feel better?????? Get the ironing done which I keep saying I'm going to do but then sit down and watch TV instead and clean my kitchen benches of 'clutter' as this always makes me feel better (anal I know).

Right I've got a plan so lets see me stick to it !!!!!!

Sorry for the doom and gloom post but I felt the need to vent and to let you all know why I have been slack updating this week.

11 comments:

Anne said...

Hope life is soon on the up for you. I think it's only natural to have a blow out and have the odd slack time - we can't be perfectly on track all the time!! So don't beat yourself up, sounds as if you have thought about it and have plans made to help. Good luck!!

Kathy said...

I had my 4 grandchildren...a set of 6 year old triplets and one 7...Friday night and the house was totally topsy-turvy in no time. Makes me wonder how I ever did it when I was raising my two and working full time...I guess the answer was that I was a whole lot younger. Sometimes inertia can just take us over. You're right to get a plan and stick with it. My son-in-law is fond of saying "List the work and work the list"...it feels so good to cross things off as you accomplish them.
Thanks for the comments on my blog and my recipes...are those ingredients available to you in your area?

Anonymous said...

clutter always makes me cranky cos everything feels out of control ... get everything back under control and you'll be away laffin! *hugs*

Chris H said...

Your plan is a good one mate, and I am sure it will help with your overall mood. Good luck sweetie, you can do it.

Sue said...

I know this makes me sound like my mother, but....
The best way to finish is to start.
You've go the right idea - go home and get what you can under control (menu, shopping list, ironing) and the rest will seem smaller and easier.
You've had a setback, but it doesn't need to be permanent!

Jenny said...

We alll struggle sometimes...it's life. Don't worry and just do what you can. I find once the benches are clear it makes everything seem easier. :)

Anonymous said...

poor girl, just one day at a time sweetie. then you'll be organised and it'll be ok.

it's only one week Rach and whatever happens on the scales, don't worry ok!

x

Jules said...

I'm a Libra (star sign, not tampon) and I always know that when I am unbalanced (the scales are tipped) then everything clutters. What is in my head is represented in my environment. Clear the clutter, clear your head and the scales will balance and all will be whole and well again in the world.

Name: Lynise said...

hello luffly, just popping in to say 'I've update' lol.
Have a fantastic week.
I'm off to start blog reading, which will no doubt take me all of my lunch break and most of the evening once I get home from work later. Keep smiling.

Teresa said...

You are not alone we've all blown the diet from time to time. You know what needs to be done. You've got your plan of action. I'm sure next week will be better. Good luck!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.