Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Fashionable ........... NOT ME!

Jo and I had a lovely, yummy lunch at Mitre 10 Mega and on our way out, we both spotted gloves, hats and scarfs for the winter.
We both grabbed a pair of gloves and a hat each and I must say I was toastie warm this morning with them on. I also have a lovely scarf that Mum knitted me last year (same wool) in a different colour.
Getting back to my heading 'Fashionable...NOT ME!', I put on my work clothes this morning which consisted of red pants, bone and red top, black shoes, purple jacket, brown gloves and hat and gold, silver and bone scarf..............getting my drift. I didn't look in the mirror before I left for work (bad move) and it wasn't until I got to work and went to get in the lift (I know, I should of walked the 3 flights) which has a full length mirror in it, that I realised how multi-coloured I was and believe me IT WASN'T ATTRACTIVE!!!
I just cringed at myself and preceeded to take off nearly everything (I was then cold) so I didn't look like such a freak *sigh*. I really need some new clothes but don't have the time or money to do anything about it. Maybe if I just got a full length brown (to match gloves and hat) coat, that would hide everything underneath..................LMAO.

I made a really yummy chicken pasta bake for dinner and managed to only have 1 bread roll which is a HUGE improvement on what I usually have (3 or 4 minimum - I am a bread slave).
I also worked out that we are eating way too early (5.30pm), we use to eat this early because I was doing 2 jobs for a year and I was only home between 5 and 5.35pm so we got into the habit of eating about 5.20pm so we could all eat together and since I gave up the night job (5 months ago) we are still eating at the same time. Last night I cooked and took my time so we didn't eat until 6.15pm and I realised that all of us weren't looking for food afterwards. I ended up going to bed without feeling guilty and full and had a good night's sleep. New dinner time is now 6.15pm - 6.30pm.

I'm finding that I am drinking most of my water but I just can't do it during the day, either because I don't feel like water or I just don't think of it BUT I seem to be able to drink about 1.5lts later at night (dinnertime and later). Does this matter??? I'm not sure - I am still drinking the water but it is later at night and not during the morning/afternoon. Apart from having to go to the loo a couple of times a night I'm not sure if this is OK or not.......advise anyone?

Had the Chimney man come and clean our woodburner/chimney today and we found out it is a Kent fire (no name on it anywhere) and it is pretty old. We mentioned about the flue handle which is useless (jams etc) and he said because it is so old, it wouldn't be worth spending them money to get it fixed - great. So we are going to add this to the list of things we need to get/buy and hopefully will be able to get a new one by next year.

I can't believe all the pregnant bloggers at the moment, don't get me wrong - I love reading about all the preggie girls out there but there seems to be heaps at the moment announcing their pregnancies. Makes me wonder what was going on a few months ago that everyone got pregnant..........hahaha.

6 comments:

Carla said...

LOL you would of looked like a beautiful rainbow!! :p

Bread freak here too... nothing worse than a beautiful pile of fresh bread or rolls... could eat and eat and eat them.. yummmm

i dont think it matters WHEN you drink the water, just matters that you drink the water, only prob i would have drinking it late is the amount of time i go to the loo already! lol

lol @ your last comment, well, i can tell you right now it was our wedding that did it for us!!!!! :p

Sue said...

I have the opposite problem - we eat really late, often not till after 8! That means my bad time is the hour or so before dinner when I get home from work/exercise.

Karen said...

LOL I have to agree with Carla hun - you would have looked like a rainbow! But hey I have done that myself many a time :)

Hey I am a bread freak too - we should start a bread club! LOL

I did get told at some stage that one should drink the majority of the water before lunch time but can't remember who told me that but hey I can't see it being an issue if you don't mind the toilet stops!

And as for your last comment - ours was a belated Valentine Day celebration! LOL

Ang said...

I am also a bread slave. Damn it all. lol.

Boy oh boy (or girl) is there a lot of pregnant bloggers or what??

Anne said...

My man would wonder what struck him if we ate as early as that!!

I'm another bread freak which is one reason I would find the No count plan hard to follow.

Kate said...

It's a hard balance I think, finding the right time to eat dinner. I grew up in a house where we ate late - and I hated it - always felt hungry, and sometimes ended up eating the equivalent of 2 meals (snacks, and then dinner) - but if you eat too early you do get hungry later. Our happy medium is about the same as yours - somewhere around 6 or half past.

That chicken salad sounds YUM!!!