Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Yummy Lunch on the agenda

Jo and I are meeting at Mitre 10 Mega today for a chicken salad............yum! I am hungry just thinking about it and Jo can't wait to try it as well.

Went home last night and had a WW dinner which was lovely but then I was a bit peckish and so were the boys, so we managed to down 8 pieces of toast between us with cheese and tomato sauce......bad Rachel, bad!!!! I felt sick afterwards which was my punishment (will I never learn?)

Andrew went and got a load of firewood yesterday which was dry pine and we attempted to get the woodburner working (previous attempts hadn't created any heat) and I am pleased to report that we had a lovely warm house last night. We have been able to get the fire roaring but never any heat out of the vents and one of our flue adjustments is rusted, so we thought it was because of this but Andrew was adament it was also the wood we were using (our old plum tree out the back which we had to cut down due to a new deck being built) and I am pleased to say he was right (which I would never admit to him........hehehehe). Reece and Adam were both facinated with how Dad was building a fire and wanted to help, so they got to carry the wood in (kindling) from outside and then had to sit behind the fire guard while Dad built it up.

I've just re-read what I had written and god I can ramble...............LOL.
I'll leave it there and say goodbye and talk to you all again tomorrow :)

5 comments:

Chubbymum said...

Keep rambling Rachel.. I love to read it.

Isn't it cute when they want to help and making a fire is a fascinating thing that is for sure.

Love CM

Carla said...

hehe i like ramblings too! god knows i do it!! mmmm salad, it sounds SO good, i hope you guys had a great lunch!!!

Karen said...

Ramblings are good hun - keep on rambling!

Ang said...

Ramble is good!! I should know - I think I'm the queen of rambling most days!!

JustJo said...

Chicken Salad at Mitre 10 Mega ROCKS!!!!! And ramble on hun.... we all do it! :)