Friday, June 23, 2006

Funny Sparky trio

We have some electrical contractors here at work and I have know them for years.
Anyway, we asked them if they could do Dad's sparky work for the granny flat which they said yes. Everything was done except for the final hook up of the stove which we had to wait for the Linesman to do his bit before our sparkies could come back....................

Well at 7.20am this morning we get a knock at the door (luckily I was already up and dressed for work) it was 2 of the sparkies and they said "Good morning Rach, kettle on?" so I let them in a put the kettle on and started making coffee's. I put my head into the lounge and Mitch (the apprentice) had taken the remote off Andrew and switched the TV over to the scoccer (Ozzie game) and was planted next to Andrew (who was in a t-shirt and undies with a blanket over him as he is still sleeping on the couch due to his bad back) and the other one was standing in the doorway chatting to me. My kids weren't up yet so I was getting their breakfast and clothes organised as I new we would be running late with the Sparkies there plus Andrew had a job interview in Wgtn at 10am, so I wanted to be organised.
Then in popped sparky number 3 and asked if there was any toast left - so I began making toast as well. You might think these boys were being rude but that is not the case at all, both Andrew and I know them quite well and it was really cute. If anyone knows me, they will know I am a real 'mother' type and just love fussing about, so I was as happy as Larry and when Reece and Adam finally woke up they thought it was really cool having all these guys watching TV with them........hehehe.

So we now have Dad totally hooked up and going (I rang not long ago and they had left) with a stove which means he can now cook for himself. I love my Dad to bits but it will be nice to have just my boys and Andrew for dinner again. Dad has been dying to get cooking for himself again as he reckons he has put on weight since eating with us (he lives on Chicken Tonight and Spaghetti Bol).

Andrew went for his interview (Sales Manager blah blah) and wanted to discuss it with me, so he picked me up for lunch................BIG MISTAKE!!!!!
We went to Mitre 10 Mega for lunch (no suprise there) and I got my usual chicken salad with a bowl of trim latte.
I am not going to tell you all that the Triple chocolate brownie I had didn't touch the sides, I think I may have actually inhaled it............LOL. You will also be pleased to know that I am now paying for it with massive heartburn *ouch*.
Since I haven't told any of you about the chocolate brownie - I expect everyone to gasp in suprise when I put on weight next week:-b (when will I ever learn).

I don't have much planned for the weekend apart from clearing out the storage unit we have, I am hoping we get it all done this weekend as I don't want to have to pay another week storage but the weather is suppose to get worse than it is now (which is cold and raining - shock horror).

I have my babies 2nd birthday next Saturday (1st July) so I may brave the shops and get him something. I have completely NO idea what to get him but I think if it involves The Wiggles or a Car of some sort, I will be safe.

Have a great weekend everyone.

7 comments:

Hi said...

Hey Rachel! Thanks for checking out my journal! Awesome to find another slimmer! I will definately be coming back regularly to check out your blog! Cheers Lou

JustJo said...

Chocolate Brownie....... *DROOL*

Ang said...

Hey I'm sure you can work off the one treat you had!! No worries.

Ang said...

Was it good?

Karen said...

*wipes the drool from her chin* at the thought of the chocolate brownie! LOL
But am sure you will work that off in no time at all especially if you are clearing out the storage unit.
Have a good weekend hun!q

Carla said...

now did you have cream with your chocolate brownie??? :p cos that would be REALLY naughty! lol

but hey, you had a TRIM coffee and a salad, so surely it would all even out, right????

Kaylee is a big fan of the "Giggles" (lol) too, strange bunch of middleageish men dancing around... argh i have NO idea what to get for Kaylees 2nd birthday either, only 9 days after your boy!

Kt said...

one chocolate brownie will not make u gain weight darl!