Sunday, June 04, 2006

Rainy weekends

Don't just just hate when you have a long weekend and it rains.................................
That's just what is happening in Wellington today.

Well I have been having a fabulous week, been a slack on the exercise but brilliant on my food.
Thursday night we went out for dinner at The Furnace and it was better than divine!
Shall I bore you with what I had? Oh Yes!
I started with Calamari (the real stuff) but only ate half of it and gave the rest to Andrew (how had Mussels) then for main I had Chicken Mediterrainian (sorry about the spelling but you know what I mean) which only came with 2 baby carrots, about 4 beans on a bed of rice. The meal wasn't that big so I managed to eat all of that and then finished with a beautiful French Chocolate cake with chocolate sauce (did I say I was having a brilliant week...........hahaha) that I also gave half to Andrew (he had sticky date pudding which I had a spoonful of and it was lovely) and I finished with a TRIM latte (balance..................LOL). I must admit though I felt I had controlled myself beautifully and didn't have that full bloated feeling once I had finished which was a pleasing and we were home before 8pm (god were're old) to give the kids a kiss goodnight.

I also had Friday off as leave and managed to go and get my eyebrows waxed and went to the Bendon shop and bought two new bra's. One of which is a sports bra with the criss-cross thing at the back and it was $70.00 (I had a voucher) and it was recommended to me by a friend. I put it on and it was pure luxury, I felt excellent in it and soooooooooo comfortable BUT the killer was trying to get it off, I nearly had to call the shop lady to help (very embarrasing!).
I bought it anyway and figured I would just have to suffer getting out of it each time. I also went to a place in Petone on my way home from work on Thursday called Mr Rental because they had a treadmill in the window. I went and asked about it and it is $100.00 a month (minimum of 3 months.......typical) and they deliver it, set it up and show you how to use it and come back and pick it up when your finished. Andrew and I have been wanting one for quite a while but the one's we like are $1500 - $2000.00 each and we want to make sure that we are going to use it for exercise (not as a clothes hanger) before we pay out money like that.
As soon as we get dad's place sorted and have a bit more room in the house, I think we might try it out?

I went and got my hair dyed and cut yesterday as I haven't been to the hairdressers for about 8 months (naughty ah?) and MAN I feel better now. I got it a shade darker and about 5 inches cut off.

Today I have my mate Jo coming over for a coffee (soon I hope) and then I am off to a 4 year old birthday party at McDonald's and then we have 2 friends (Andrew's cousins actually) coming for dinner and bringing the dinner (Indian), don't ya just love that!

Tomorrow I plan to do next to nothing apart from the ironing which is growing in a scary heap in the corner of my bedroom.

Hope everyone is also having a great weekend.................bye

4 comments:

Helena said...

missed you at skating mate, enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Sue said...

Looks like Monday's weather will be worse!

Carla said...

ohhh Dinner sounds devine!!

That treadmill sounds like a good idea, try before you buy kind of thing.

i hope you have a lovely day today too!

Kt said...

i think mr rental sounds cheap! well not cheap but elite was far worse! i think you probably want it for a 3 month minumum to see if you keep using it for the full time.
i know what u mean about hair, i got mine cut a few weeks ago for the first time since october!
sounds like the meal was devine too :)