Friday, June 09, 2006

I hate work!!!

I have just been reprimanded for having more than 30 minutes for lunch.............What the?
Plus it came from my boss's boss - even worse.
My boss is wonderful and basically doesn't care what I do as he know's everything gets done and we run ourselves up here (in the Lab), so when he had to come and tell me that his boss had mentioned it to him (must have come from some disgruntled employee - we have heaps...LOL) I went through the roof and pointed out all the extra hours I work (and don't get paid for) plus the morning and afternoon tea which we have that I NEVER get to take as I usually work through those just to get the basics of the job done..........blah blah blah - boy was I fired up. My boss kept saying "Don't worry Rach, you are talking to the converted - I couldn't run the place without you" so I told him that I had hoped he had defended me etc which he said he had but I told him to go back and say this, that and everything else or I would. So off he trotted and told him what I had said and reckons all is well now but I don't agree - HOW DARE HE QUESTION ME!!!!!!! I have worked in this place for over 18 years over 6 different departments and have always been a loyal employee........*major sigh*. OK, I've finished now.........LOL.

So that has put a real damper on my Friday and it is such a beautiful Friday with the sun shining and not a breeze in the air (unusual for Wellington). So I am going to go home and drink a big bottle of wine - JUST JOKING.

I have a nice weekend planned. Tomorrow I am going roller skating and then I have I have a friend and her kids coming around for a coffee. Sunday we are getting both the kids christened which will be great, I have mucked around for ages and have finally been able to get it organised (hopefully). Sunday afternoon will hopefully be quite and relaxing - yeah right! I have a mountain of housework and ironing to do (I didn't get around to my ironing last weekend so it has doubled).

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

Ang said...

Man that really does suck!!

Fair enough if everyday you took a nice leisurely lunch break, but that definately doesn't sound like the case. Hopefully they have got the message loud and clear.

(I hope this didn't result in you demolising that bottle of wine - hehe)

Enjoy your weekend!

Helena said...

I'd have gone for the wine ... oops I already did! *giggle* See you at skatin :D