Monday, June 12, 2006

Weigh in

Stayed the same................which is a bit disappointing but I do have TOM which doesn't help and at least I didn't put on but you know..........................

Anyway onward and upward I say!

Got the boys christened yesterday which was great to finally get done but BOY what a mission.
Reece (nearly 5) was a little angel and sat there quietly with his hyme book open and singing loudly but 'terror on legs' boy (Adam - 23 months) was an absolute nightmare!
I had him on my lap as he plays up even more for his father and he screamed, giggled, wiggled, backflipped the whole time. I can't remember singing one hyme or knowing what the minister was saying but we did manage to stand up when instructed and got the boys christened.
After the actualy ceremony, everyone went back to their seats for more prays, hyme etc but Adam and I cleared out of there. I took him for a walk around the block and let him run some energy off at a vacant section down the road which took up a half hour or so, so when we got back everyone was heading to the 'dining room' for a cup of tea and some morning tea.
I managed to give Adam to his Uncle Athol (also his Godfather) and he sat there and feed him everything he could get his hands on which was a nice break.

All in all it was lovely and we were home by 11.30am which was even better (about 2 1/2 hours all up). Adam went down for a sleep, Andrew golfed and Reece and I did some drawing and then I had a wee snooze for a hour while Reece went out to visit Poppy.

Hubby then got a cooked chook on the way home from golf and we just had that on rolls for dinner and the boys had left over sausages with baked beans (there favourite).

Andrew is applying for a few jobs (isn't working out with his Uncle at Concept Blinds) so we sat on the computer after the boys went to bed (I did get my ironing done somehow) until Midnight writing up application letters and updating his CV. Midnight struck and all the power went off in the street for well over an hour so off to bed we went.

Oh yeah - I DIDN'T get to skating AGAIN after having the best intentions of getting there because we were clearing out the shed to get all of Dad's stuff into his new granny flat and then had a moutain of stuff to sort through before re-stacking the shed and time just got away from us. We started at about 9am and didn't finish until after 5pm and we still have the garage to sort (now the shed is practically done)..................*sigh* never-ending.

I am feeling a bit better after Friday at work also. I arrived at work this morning and the other lady who works in the lab with me is off for 2 days due to a flu so I have a million things to do and I am just getting through one job at a time and not stressing. I figured that I have been a very loyal employee and if they choose to treat me like that I will not be going out of my way to accomodate them, I will do my job and that's it. I am actually hoping that Andrew will get a fabulous job and I will be able to leave here and get something else with a bit less stress?

No comments: