Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Intelligent Women !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been in a rut lately (as you all know) and I have been trying to get my head around it.
I have been reading all the other lovely ladies blogs out there and it seems to be a theme at the moment. Helena's comments hit home, we all seems to be finding excuses as to why we aren't losing weight or why we are gaining (like myself).

All the blogs I read are of women who are very intelligent, hard working with great career's and sound very sensible to me. I also look at myself that way and when I do anything in my job, I am committed, meticulous and always make sure each task is done to 100%do the best job I can with NO EXCUSES!

So I can't work out WHY I can't do that in my day to day life (ie. weightloss), why can't I be as committed with myself as I am at work? Is it because I am accountable to someone else if things gone wrong but with my weightloss, I am the one who is accountable and allows myself to 'bend the rules' when it suits me.

I wish I knew the answer's to these questions. I also feel guilty because I get a wee bit of comfort knowing that it isn't just me struggling at the moment either - bad ah because that gives me another excuse (everyone is having trouble blah blah).
I always seem to come up with a perfect excuse as to why I have been bad when I should just 'get on with what I want to do and bugger anyone else'. I work fulltime and have a young family but that really isn't an excuse, if I wanted to find the time to exercise I would. There are thousands of other women out there in the same situation as me and they aren't all overweight ah? *sigh* Ok I think I have that off my chest now, I just need to do something about it, stay posted.

Apart from that, I have nothing else to say......................LOL
Sorry for being so negative, I really hate being negative but I needed to get that off my chest.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Helena's post hit home here as well. I seem to have gone into cruise mode. While it's good to know I'm not alone, wish the motivation would come back!!

Ang said...

I'm right there with you chick!

I am a super organised geek, when it comes to anything school related. But weight related..... NO WAY!

Me said...

I think if anyone knew the answer to that question that would make millions. Maybe it is because there are times when we don't feel we are worth the effort which is really not quite right - we are most DEFINITELY worth the effort and it is a case of getting our heads into the right space and then just doing it !
Good luck and have a great week !

Kt said...

im not sure why but weightloss is just hard! possibly because we need food to survive, we cant just give up our addiction. and nice tasting stuff has a shortlived pleasure.

Carla said...

it is just so EASY to reach for that biscuit, or just a few chips, or one more slice of bread, and you work so damn hard at trying to be healthy and lose weight, but one little thing sets the spiral down hill again, (im talking about me here! hehe) and its just SO DAMN EASY to keep having a few of this and a couple of that, then it turns into, well ive wasted this week, so i might as well waste it well and have a block of this and a pack of that, and your back into it again, everything you worked so hard for, completely undone again, they say it takes over a month to form a habit, but i think when it comes to weightloss, it only takes a couple of little "mistakes" to undo it again, why cant we just look at it, when we first have, say a couple of chips, and say oh well, i will walk for 10 min extra today, and GET OVER IT, but our mind is SO SET and we just dont!

i could go on for ages, and probably didnt even make sence, but i hope you know what i mean!!!!

xxx

Chubbymum said...

It happens sometimes.. that is what I have to say he he he. I am going through it but I have not gained it all back and I will get the enthusasiam again and so will you... Just need to get out of these winter blues he he he

Love ya heaps

Chubbymum

Hi said...

I hear ya! I have had one of those weeks as well. I can see my husband roll his eyes everytime I come up with an excuse to eat something bad or not go to the gym... *sigh* - We will get there! as 'me' said, we just need to get our heads in the right space! Chin up!