Monday, July 03, 2006

Health Insurance

I have applied to join our Superannuation at work (back in January) and I finally seen the women from Health Scrren who do the health checks for Sovereign.
I just hate these check, first they ask you a million questions about your health and I always think I am quite healthly until you have to sit there and go through all the operations you have had or why you went to your doctor last, when did you get your eye, ears, vision check and what were the results blah blah blah BUT then they take your blood pressure, height and WEIGHT.
109kgs.............WTF??? I was running late for work this morning and didn't weigh in but thought "I'll just use the weight from this health check".........NOT!
That's a 1.4kg GAIN so I am pouting out my bottom lip and sulking until tomorrow morning when I am going to weigh on MY SCALES.

Righto what else has been happening over the last 5 days?

Thursday & Friday I had my Internal Auditing course and it was pretty bad but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was very much a classroom atmosphere where we were all seated around a table and the facilitator stood up the front and talked to us for a day and a half. The Friday afternoon we had to do some role playing and I am always into that (should have been an actress......hehehe). Got home to a sick wee man (Adam) who was running a temperature, coughing and miserable (which isn't like him). So I ended up with him on my lap for the rest of the evening for cuddles.

Saturday was Adam's 2nd birthday and he still wasn't 100% but had perked up a bit so we headed off down to Lollipop's to meet up with a few kiddies (and mothers) and he was running around playing but just didn't look right. Andrew stayed with him the whole time but he had, what we like to call - 'sick eyes' poor little boy.
We got home and I got the boys some lunch before putting him down to bed.

Karen (a fellow blogger friend) came for a quick visit on Saturday afternoon to have a look at our highchair and a chat. My eldest sister, husband and neice turned up just before Karen left and they stayed for an hour or so as they had come to see Adam for his birthday. Just before they left, Adam woke up and was twice as bad as he was the previous day (high temperature, miserable) so he was stuck to me again for a couple of hours.

Saturday night was Jo's husband Chris's 40th birthday which Andrew and I were really looking forward to as we don't get out much these days and Dad was going to look after the kids BUT with Adam the way he was, I couldn't even go to the loo without him stressing about where I was and crying so I reluctantly had to ring Jo and cancel.

Sunday morning dawned and we popped around to Jo's to give Chris his birthday pressie and card and he looked really good (considering) but dear ole' Jo Jo was still comaed in bed....LOL
We went onto Bunnings where Andrew ran in and got some more cement for our deck he is building and popped into New World for nappies on the way hom.........*phew*.

Sunday was then a quite day with Reece playing on the computer while Adam and I watched one of his DVD's he got for his birthday. I then put Adam to bed after lunch and Reece and I played board games for a couple of hours.

Very quite night, chicken - roast spuds and a vegetable bake for dinner and folded washing for the rest of the evening.

Which brings us to today - Health check, breakfast (I had to fast until the health check was done) and work.
Adam stayed home with Andrew today as he still isn't well but the pamol and tixilicks (spelling?) are now starting to work.
I'm dying to go and catch up with all your blogs but alas, I just won't have time until much later today or even tomorrow.......hope everyone is good :)

6 comments:

Chubbymum said...

It is sad that you didn't get to go to Jo's hubby's party but that is what comes with parenting aye.. oh you poor thing (big hugs).

Wow sounds like your weekend was full on hun.

I am finally catching up on all the blogs too... whew.

Love CM

Kate said...

Aww your poor wee boy! Hope he is heaps better soon.

Karen said...

I missed ya at Chris' party on Sat night but it was good catching up with you on Saturday afternoon.
Have a good week.

Me said...

Hope your little one is much better now - take care and be good !
Me

Ang said...

I'd blame the gain on the different scales!!

oh no! not happy - having a sick child :(

Hi said...

Aw bugger about the gain. And I absolutely hate those healthchecks as well! Hope it all goes well for you! Take Care