Monday, July 10, 2006

No Weigh in this morning......

I woke up feeling bloated and yukky (TOM due) and decided not to depress myself by getting on the scales...............LOL.

Friday night (birthday night) I got home from work and Andrew had cooked me a beautiful chicken roast dinner and put a bottle of wine in the fridge. We had planned to go to the Cossie Club but I really didn't feel like getting changed and going up there when I was quite tired, so we flagged it. After dinner we had Birthday cake and then the kids went off to bed and Andrew and I watched something mindless on TV before I went for a nice long soak in the bath....mmmmmm.

Saturday we had a lovely day in Wellington (shock horror!) so we got outside for a while with the kids and Andrew worked some more on the deck.
We also finally went up to the bed place in Upper Hutt and ordered in one of those mattress toppers (thanks Sue for the tip) and it should be in by the end of this week. My poor darling decided he would sleep in our bed on Friday night and woke up in agony on Saturday morning (hence the trip to the bed place). In the meantime he is back on the couch.

Saturday night we had a meal out at Petone Workingmens Club for my neice who is moving (with her boyfriend) to Auckland and it was REALLY REALLY nice. It was only a smorgasboard so I wasn't expecting much but everything they had (a huge variety) was really lovely. I was very good and only had a wee taste of this and that and my one and only plate didn't look like a moutain when I sat back down. I did have a plate of dessert which was again a wee taste of this and that and a coffee to end off the night............just right.
My neices and nephew's then convinced me to take them all up to the Upper Hutt Cossie Club and sign them all in, I kept telling them that they wouldn't enjoy it as it is for the 'more mature' crowd but when we got there it was full of kids (18 - 23 year olds) and most of them were well tanked up by the time we got there (10pm). I found out from one of the bartenders that there was a 21st birthday going on and that was why there was so many of them. The music in the main room was 80's and it was excellent, so Andrew and I stayed about an hour before leaving the young one to their own devices.

Yesterday (Sunday) involved housework, a visit from an old friend that I use to work with and one or two people popping in to pick up things we had sold on Trademe.

Andrew started working for a company called Offix (I think that's how you spell it?) and he had to drive to New Plymouth, install some office furniture and drive back. He rang about 5 minutes ago and said he should be back by about 6pm which means he won't get home until 6.30pm at the earliest (Welcome aboard). Oh well, at least he is working.

I am just about to head off myself and get the kids feed and organised for bed before Andrew gets home so they can just have cuddles before they go to bed.

I'm sorry I haven't been around to everyone's journals for a few days but I WILL get there.

1 comment:

Ang said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Well done on the self control at dinner. :D