Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Such a busy girl

I just seem to be really really busy this week with work and home stuff.

Have worked late everynight this week and since I don't get paid overtime (salary) I am getting really tired of it *sigh*. Righto - had my moan, now onto other things.

I'm still the 'Tracker Queen' and really enjoying feeling in control of what is going into my mouth. It has been such a long time since I have actually eaten what is on my plate and then not eaten everyone else's leftovers or filled up on bread. I heard once that it takes 20 minutes for your brain to register if you are still hungry or not (does that make sense????). I figure that I am going to eat what I have planned and if after 20 minutes of me finishing what I eat if I am still hungry THEN I will get something else. So far (5 days in total) I have thought I am still hungry but held off for 20 minutes and then realised that I am full and don't need anything else................good ah?

Had lunch with Jo yesterday (yep Mitre 10 chicken salad again.....god I'm boring) and had a good ole catch up which was great. Then after working late I got home and Andrew had the kids fed, bathed and in their PJ's and all I did was heat up a Weight Watchers meal for myself.
With working late, I have been cheating and eating WW meals a bit but I am too buggered once I get home to THINK about cooking a meal little own actually cooking it plus I have been getting home quiet late and want something quick.

After my vogels toast with tomato (YUM!) for breakfast and ryvita's for lunch, all I have had is a banana and 2 apples as I have been stuck in meetings most of the day but again - don't feel hungry. I had a painful moment this morning when eating my first apple as the juice made one of my teeth really hurt (oh no!) and I am hoping I don't have to visit the dentist as I can't afford it. I ate the second on at about 3.15pm and again came the pain..................gggrrrrrrrr!

I have to take Reece to the school dentist in the morning, so I might have a wee chat to them and see if they could have a quick look (fat chance I'm guessing) and if not, I will have to go and book myself in somewhere. I did have a dentist before I was pregnant and went religously every 6 months but when I got pregnant I stopped and then when I rang to get an appointment to go back, I found out that they now have 'dental highgenious' (sorry about spelling) and it was going to cost for a check-up, Xray and clean $85.00 with the dentist for a check-up and Xray and then I would have to go to the other dude for an initial appointment which would cost me $120.00 and then about $60 - $65 every visit after that - I DON'T THINK SO, especially when it use to cost $80 for the lot. But if I keep getting them damn pain, I am going to have to sort something out *rolls eyes and shakes head*.

Right since I am working late, I'd better actually do some work................ta ta.

P.S. Andrew has my bike set up and I jumped on it and peddled for about 5 minutes and nearly died. I haven't been on it since the Special K triathlon last year.......LOL.

6 comments:

Ang said...

ww meals isn't cheating! You are doing fantastically.

Go easy with the exercise tho! Slow but steady wins the race so they say.

Kate said...

Well done on being the points queen!!

Anne said...

You are going well Rachel!! I think the WW meals are a great standby for those busier nights - don't think of them as cheating but helping you being on track.

The apple and the dentist - is yuor tooth painufl through being sensitive e.g hot and cold - cos they have a pste they can put on at the dentist which really helps.

Chubbymum said...

EEWWWW Dentists... I am not having luck with them at the moment YUKKKY people taking lots of money like that he he he.

Great going with the tracking hun... it is the hardest thing aye.

Love CM

Tarns said...

Yuck i hate dentists too!

And WW meals arent cheating there a fantastic idea. I love them! (And there much better than my cooking :) )

Have a fantastic week

Carla said...

argh, i hate going to the dentist, i have always had weak teeth, and i know that every time i go for a check up it will end up costing me a small fortune! ive never really been able to eat apples whole (i.e bite into them) but love apples, so i cut them up into bits and dont get ouchies from that.

well done on the tracking :D