Friday, July 07, 2006

36 Today

Yep, I'm the birthday girl today............36 WOW where did that time go.

I woke up this morning and went and had a shower, got dressed blah blah blah (the usual) and I try and get a quick coffee in before I go (which I did this morning). I usually leave before any of the boys open their eyes so didn't expect any birthday wishes before I left but my thoughtful husband has left the boys present and card on the bench for me in the kitchen.

He had gone out to The Warehouse and bought a canvas and some paints and got the boys to paint one side each of it.................well being the big sook I am, I started crying (I'm doing it again now thinking about it...SOOK!) because we don't have a huge amount of disposable cash at the moment and I told Andrew NOT TO BUY A PRESENT for me but this was better than any birthday present I could have ever gotten. Plus to top it all off, Reece (4 year old) had written the card himself!!!!!!! I have been really trying to help him with his writing lately because he is so keen and this was awesome to see because I know he would have been really proud of himself for doing it (rrrrrrrr my boys are growing up *tear*).

I got some lovely perfume from my sister, a bath bomb, soap and draw liners from the lady at work and a Warehouse card from Dad......plus a box of chocolates from the company I work for (which are on my desk for whoever walks in to the Lab today).

I think I am going out for lunch with a workmate (still haven't confirmed) and tonight I am off to the Cossie Club (I am a member) to get my $10.00 birthday credit on my card.....hehehehe.

Not a great deal planned for the weekend, Workingmen's club tomorrow night for a farewell dinner for my neice who is moving to Auckland and that's about it.
I am hoping the weather will clear a wee bit so I can take the boys to the park or something as they have been stuck indoors for ages and there are only so many DVD's and board games I can put up with.

OK, I've stopped blubbering now so I will go and do some work..............bye

8 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you have a fantastic day! Your present sounds wonderful - those things mean everything!

Sue said...

Happy birthday! Hope the rest of the day is as lovely as the start was.

Carla said...

Happy Birthday hun!!! what a GORGEOUS present! so lovely!!! i hope you have a wonderful day and a fabulous weekend!!! xxx

Helena said...

Yay, finally someone who is older than me! LOL Hope you had a fantastic day mate, you sentimental old sook you (how cute!) - might see you up the club tonight *wink*

Me said...

Happy birthday to you - hope you have a great day and that your evening out is most enjoyable !
Take care and have a good weekend.
Me

Ang said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday to you!

I hope the rest of your day has been wonderful!

As they say "It's the thought that counts" And really this is so very true.

JustJo said...

Happy Birthday chickee!!!

Kt said...

happy bday, sounds like u had a lovely day :)