Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Organised

Yep that was me this morning............ORGANISED!
Doesn't happen very often but this morning I managed to get up at 6.15am and have a coffee with Andrew before the kids woke up. While I was trying to be simpathetic because he has that horrible flu/cold that is going around, I managed to get the kids cereal out and into plates with milk waiting close by plus put a beef caserole into the crockpot for dinner.........yum.
Then managed a shower and nearly got dressed before son #1 waltzed in, followed closely a few minutes later by son #2.
Oh yeah, I had also gotten their clothes out the night before and they were warming by the fire.

Andrew left for work about 7am and I made all the beds while the kids ate their breakfast (after I had dressed them).
There lies my battle - breakfast - I put the TV on in the mornings so I can at least listen to the news while I'm running around but the kids know how to use the remote now (bugger!) and change the channel to cartoons which means they don't eat their breakfast (until I notice and change it back). There is usually lots of yelling and crying because Mum is being horrible or unfair (yeah right) and they chuck tantrums and refuse to eat their breakfast (wonderful little darlings.......).
So after battling with them and even trying to feed them myself, I usually give up and they go to Kohanga with only a couple of mouthfuls. Luckily they give the kids toast when they arrive so I don't feel 100% guilty but I don't want to be one of those parents who don't feed their kids in the morning *sigh*..........little rats! I'm trying a few different things (ie. don't turn the TV on at all or sit them in a different room to eat breakfast) but so far I am yet to win the battle.

Got to work and was starving so I went straight out to the work canteen and ate 2 slices of French toast (bad Rachel bad!) but then tried to redemn myself by eating my Ryvita's (also made at 6.15am) for lunch and a banana for afternoon tea.
I am really struggling with my water during the day, I am just not even thinking of drinking water as it has been so cold. I am still piling it away of an evening so it isn't a total loss but less loo visits during the night would be nice.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow you were certainly organised today! Lets see if you can do it again tomorrow??? :)
Will be in touch about high chair :)

Ang said...

Go you organised thing!

hmmm you need some serious strategies with those little monkeys - break the habbit some how. Remember its like the weight loss - after so many days without the tv it will just become "the norm"

Sue said...

Hot water with a slice of lemon?