Thursday, July 13, 2006

Floundering

Yep, things are going from bad to worse - weight wise - and I really need to refocus and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!

I'm making the weather or the time or the lack of funds or whatever an excuse not to be doing what I should be doing and I'm pretty much out of excuses.
I am going to sit down this weekend and write some lists (I love lists), lists I can stick to.

List one = what do I want
List two = what can I do to get it

I know that once I have written pages and pages of notes, I will come to the conclusion that I just need to stop making excuses and get up earlier or make my lunch the night before or whatever. I can't believe I wrote about how organised I was the other day, well actually yes I can because I seem to be able to organise EVERYONE ELSE except me *sigh*.

Let me let you all in on my food intake for today (so far):
Breakfast - 2 x french toast, 1 x mini sausage roll, 1 x mini savoury
Lunch - Dirty ole pie and chips (2 glasses of water - oh joy!)
Dinner - ?? I have mince out for tea but I don't know what I am going to do with it yet.

So now I have bitched and gotten it out, I am going to do something about it (again).
I have a couple of friends that are sooooooooo in the zone at the moment and I am so excited for them and just wish I could also be in that space as well.

Right onto other news - ummmmmmmm not much actually. Andrew is still as sick as a dog with the flu, I got him some Night and Day tablets last night and within 30 minutes he was out cold. He has been going to bed really early which just isn't like him.

A good friend gave me the Dan Patterson book 'Angels and Demons' and 'The Da Vinci Code' which I am dying to read. I managed the first 3 chapters of 'Angels and Demons' last night and it was really good but I had Reece come into my room at 9.30pm complaining he couldn't sleep and crawled into bed with me (Andrew still on the couch) and wanted the light out.....grrrrr!
But I am looking forward to getting back into it tonight. I use to be a huge reader but then kids came along and I never really got back into it PLUS Andrew and I use to go to bed together and he can't stand the light on (stinker).

Righto, since I am back at work I'd better do a bit more work before I head home to cook dinner and write some lists...................keep you posted.

3 comments:

Helena said...

omg I used to read all the time. I loved reading. Would get through a few books (novels) a month easy. I cant remember the last time I read a book now ... probably camping holiday in March. Ever since I "found" exercise I cant seem to sit still long enough to enjoy a good book! LOL I get bored REAL quick. Bedtime reading is hopeless for me, cos as soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out cold within minutes LOL It hurts when you are lying in bed trying to read and your book keeps smacking you in the face cos you keep falling asleep LOL!

Kate said...

It sounds dumb but I think reading a book that you really want to read is really good for your weight loss etc. I find I just can't get into weight loss in general if I'm not taking care of myself in all areas. And there is nothing that feels more like taking care of myself than snuggling up with a good book!

Hope you are feeling a bit better soon - lists help me too!

Ang said...

You'll know what you hit that "zone" again!! And there will be no stopping you!!